Annotations are comments that help the next person in the application’s lifecycle to process the application. In this way, the engineers who access the annotated resource can see what additions/updates were made during the application’s lifecycle and can add their own comments. IBM® AD Analyze Client provides simple tools to assist you in handling the annotations in your project. Changes made to annotations are stored for maintenance under numbered revisions. An annotation that is created on a resource in a project is visible on all projects that contains that resource.
In case you are not using the API feature, annotations can be added and seen only on physical resources such as programs and JCL Jobs.
In the context of API feature, the annotations are collected by the API Resolver and can be seen on the following resources: CICSTran, SQLTable, SQLField, CICSMap, IMSMessageDescriptor, IMSTransaction and IMSDBSegment.
- In Explore tab, under Explore projects view, the area to the right of the screen presents the annotations option available for the selected project or projects. The option is View Annotation.
- In Explore tab, under Explore project view, when any program or JCL is selected. The options are Add Annotation and View Annotations.
- In Explore tab, under Search in files view, for the selected project or projects. The option is View Annotations.
In the pop-up menu of the graph elements, when any program or JCL job nodes are selected from Graph Inventory or from the graph displayed. The options that appear in the pop-up menu under Annotations are Add Annotation and View Annotations.
- In Usage tab, when any program or JCL is selected. The options are Add Annotation and View Annotations.
- In Cobol Source analysis view, when a Cobol program is selected. The options are Add Annotation and View Annotations.