Check the instructions and learn how to get started with IBM Application Discovery and Delivery Intelligence for IBM Z (IBM ADDI) based on your needs.
Starting with IBM ADDI V6.0.0, you can leverage the capabilities of the following components to speed up your application modernization.
IBM Application Discovery for IBM Z (IBM AD) is an Eclipse-based static code analysis solution that fast-tracks the discovery and analysis phases of System z®/Enterprise Software work. It is used for application understanding and provides visualization of dependencies, flows, usage, and impacts.
- Access the software
For details about downloading the product and getting license keys and activation kits, see the IBM Support Licensing page. If you are downloading your software from Passport Advantage, follow the instructions at https://www.ibm.com/software/passportadvantage/.
- Evaluate the hardware and system configuration
Check the detailed system requirements introduced in the Prerequisites section.
- Installing or upgrading
To configure IBM AD components, follow the instructions in the Configuring section.
IBM ADDI Extensions
IBM Application Discovery and Delivery Intelligence Extensions (IBM ADDI Extensions) is a web-based tool to facilitate enterprise DevOps adoption and drive continuous improvement across the lifecycle of product development, delivery, and maintenance.
Access the software and documentation
For details about downloading the product and getting license keys and activation kits, see the IBM Support Licensing page. If you are downloading your software from Passport Advantage®, follow the instructions at https://www.ibm.com/software/passportadvantage/.
You can find the product documentation of IBM® ADDI on IBM Documentation site.
Evaluate the hardware and system configurationSee the detailed system requirements document from the following links:
Install IBM AD and IBM ADDI Extensions with the ADDI installer
Use the ADDI installer wizard to install IBM AD and IBM ADDI Extensions on Windows or Linux®. For more information, see
Configuring IBM AD.
Configuring IBM ADDI Extensions.
Follow the instructions in the
Setting up IBM ADDI Extensions to start with analysis.Complete the following steps to create the workbook to be used for analysis.
- Create a connection to the IBM AD server.
- Create one or more data providers: Application Discovery data provider, Business Rule Discovery data provider, or both.
- Create a workbook that is associated with the created data provider.
Performing workbook analysis
IBM Wazi Analyze
IBM Wazi Analyze is a containerized component that creates rapid, graphical analysis in an installation-free and configuration-free web UI. With Wazi Analyze, developers can discover the relationships among their z/OS application artifacts and quickly understand the impact of the changes to make.
To quickly get started with Wazi Analyze and explore its key features, see Checklist for getting started. For a complete user guide of Wazi Analyze, see Understanding the impact of changes with IBM Wazi Analyze.
- Log on to Passport Advantage.
- Select Software Downloads and Media Access.
- Select Program offering and agreement number, and click Continue.
- Enter the part description or part number, and click Finder.
- Optionally, you can click the alphabetical order list to display and view the product by name.
- Select All Operating Systems in the Operating system field, and All Languages in the Languages field. Then, click Go.
- Verify the e-assemblies that you want to download with the list in this table.
|Part Name||Component name||Part number||Image classification||File name|
|1||IBM Wazi Analyze 1.4 Linux English||Analyze||M037REN||Required||
|2||IBM Wazi Analyze Quick Start Guide||Analyze||M037QML||Required||