Java Runtime Environment
Any of the following Java™ Runtime Environments must be installed on your machine:
- 64-bit AdoptOpenJDK 8/11/13 HotSpot - https://adoptopenjdk.net/Note: Make sure that Set JAVA_HOME variable and JavaSoft (Oracle) registry keys subfeatures are selected when you install AdoptOpenJDK Development Kit with Hotspot.
- 64-bit Java 8 Oracle - https://www.oracle.com/java/technologies/javase-jre8-downloads.html
- 64-bit Java 8 IBM® -
- On WindowsSince there is no executable for IBM Java, it needs to be unzipped, and you need to set the IBM Java path in Windows Registry.Important: IBM AD installer is looking in Windows Registry to find out the IBM Java path. Use extreme caution when you edit the Windows Registry. Incorrect edits can render your computer unusable.
- Create the following path: .
- Right-click 1.8, and then select .
- Rename New Value #1 to JavaHome.
- Right-click JavaHome, and then select Modify.
- In Value data, enter the path to the unzipped IBM Java folder.
Note: ibm_sdk80 represents the IBM Java version that is used during the installation process.
- Restart the Windows machine so that the changes can take effect.
- On Linux® or Linux for System z®
Make sure to run the update-alternatives command to set the specified IBM Java location to be used on the system.
update-alternatives --install /usr/bin/java java /opt/ibm/java-s390x-80/bin/java 1
Where /opt/ibm/java-s390x-80/bin/java represents the location of IBM Java. Based on the IBM Java version that is used during the installation process, the location might change slightly.
- On Windows
- Make sure to uninstall any previous version of Java before you install the newest version and use the latest service release of Java v1.8. Failing to do this an unexpected IBM AD behavior might result.
- IBM AD Build Client runs only on the 64-bit JVM.
Important: Make sure that the path for Java is set in your system as follows: . The path to the Java installation folder must be set to include the bin folder as in C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_131\bin.