Managing Catalog membership
You manage Catalog membership by adding new users to the Catalog and assigning roles to the users.
Before you begin
Click the Members tab.
The Members tab lists all the members in the Catalog and shows the roles assigned to each. If Spaces are enabled in the Catalog, the Members tab lists the members of all Spaces in the Catalog. To view the roles that are assigned to a user in a Space, click the down arrow in the Scope column. A user might be a member of more than one Space.
For information on adding users to a Space, see Managing Space membership.
For more information on Spaces, see Using syndication in IBM API Connect for IBM Cloud.
Add a new user to the Catalog by completing the following steps:
If Spaces are enabled in the Catalog, any role that you assign to the user at the Catalog level is assigned automatically to the user in all Spaces in that Catalog. Furthermore, if a user had originally been assigned a role only in a specific Space in a Catalog and you subsequently assign the user that role at the Catalog level, the Space specific role assignment is lost and the user now has that role in all Spaces in the catalog.Note: You can subsequently change the roles assigned to a user by selecting or clearing the appropriate check boxes alongside that user on the Members tab. If a user was originally added to the provider organization, rather than to the Catalog itself, the following conditions apply:
The Add User window opens.
- Specify the user; you can search for, and select, an existing user, or you can enter the email address of a new user.
- Select the roles that you want to assign to the user.
The user is added to the Members page, and an activation email is sent to the user.
- Any role assigned to the user at the provider organization level is assigned automatically to the user in all Catalogs, and cannot be removed at the Catalog level.
- In the Catalog, the user has the permissions that are configured for the role at the Catalog level.
- Any role that hasn't been assigned to the user at the provider organization level can be assigned to the user at the Catalog level.
- Click Add.