Release Job Schedule Entry (RLSJOBSCDE)
|Where allowed to run: All environments (*ALL)
The Release Job Schedule Entry (RLSJOBSCDE) command allows you to release an entry, all entries, a set of entries, or the job schedule. Each job schedule entry contains the information needed to automatically submit a job to be run once or at regularly scheduled intervals.
If you release the job schedule, any entries that were held are still held.
If you release a job schedule entry, the job is not submitted immediately, even if the date and time at which it was scheduled to be submitted passed while the entry was held. The job is submitted on any future dates for which it is scheduled to be submitted.
- To release the job schedule, you must have job control (*JOBCTL) special authority.
- To release entries, you must have job control (*JOBCTL) special authority; otherwise you can release only those entries that you added.
- To use this command, you must have:
- Use (*USE) authority to object QDFTJOBSCD, type *JOBSCD, in library QUSRSYS and execute (*EXECUTE) authority to library QUSRSYS.
|JOB||Job name||Generic name, name, *ALL, *JOBSCD||Required, Positional 1|
|ENTRYNBR||Entry number||000001-999999, *ONLY, *ALL||Optional|
Job name (JOB)
Specifies the name of the job schedule entry.
- All of the job schedule entries for which you have authority are released. If JOB(*ALL) is specified, ENTRYNBR(*ALL) must also be specified.
- The job schedule is released. If JOB(*JOBSCD) is specified, ENTRYNBR(*ALL) must also be specified.
- Specify the generic name used to find job schedule entries. A generic name is a character string of one or more characters followed by an asterisk (*); for example, ABC*. If a generic name is specified, then all entries with names that begin with the generic name, and for which the user has authority, are released. If a generic name is specified, ENTRYNBR(*ALL) must also be specified. If an asterisk is not included with the generic (prefix) name, the system assumes it to be the complete job name.
- Specify the name of the job schedule entry that you want to release.
Entry number (ENTRYNBR)
Specifies the number of the job schedule entry you want to release. The message sent when an entry is successfully added contains the entry number. You can also determine the entry number by using the Work with Job Schedule Entries (WRKJOBSCDE) command. Press F11 from the WRKJOBSCDE display to show the entry numbers of the selected entries.
- Only one entry in the job schedule has the job name specified for the JOB parameter. If *ONLY is specified and more than one entry has the specified job name, no entries are released and an error message is sent.
- All entries with the specified job name are released. If *JOBSCD was specified for the name the job schedule is released.
- Specify the number of the job schedule entry you want to release.
Example 1: Releasing All Job Schedule Entries
RLSJOBSCDE JOB(*ALL) ENTRYNBR(*ALL)
This command releases all the job schedule entries.
Example 2: Releasing an Individual Job Schedule Entry
RLSJOBSCDE JOB(PAYROLL) ENTRYNBR(*ONLY)
This command releases entry PAYROLL in the job schedule.
Example 3: Releasing a Generic Job Schedule Entry
RLSJOBSCDE JOB(PAY*) ENTRYNBR(*ALL)
This command releases all entries in the job schedule with the prefix PAY in their names.
Example 4: Releasing the Job Schedule
RLSJOBSCDE JOB(*JOBSCD) ENTRYNBR(*ALL)
This command releases the job schedule. No individual entries are released.
- Job schedule entry &3 number &4 not found.
- Not authorized to job schedule &1.
- Not authorized to job schedule entry &3 number &4.
- Job schedule entry &3 number &4 damaged.
- More than one entry with specified entry job name found.
- Job schedule &1 in library &2 in use.
- Job schedule entry &3 number &4 in use.
- Job schedule &1 in library &2 does not exist.
- Job schedule &1 in library &2 damaged.
- No job schedule entries found for specified name.
- Entry number must be *ALL when generic name specified.
- &3 entries successfully released. &4 entries not released.
- Entry number must be *ALL.