Apply middleware maintenance to patterns and instances in IBM PureApplication System
In this video tutorial, you see step-by-step how you can apply middleware maintenance on IBM® PureApplication® System by using IBM Installation Manager. First, you go through the contents and structure of the IBM Installation Manager repository. Then, you see how to apply emergency fix packs and content from the IBM Installation Manager repository to patterns and deployed pattern instances.
“The integrated nature of the maintenance operation makes it relatively easy to maintain the version lifecycle of even a large, complex WebSphere cell in only a few steps. ”
Specifically, in this video, you accomplish the following tasks:
- Review content of the Installation Manager Repository
- Identify the maintenance pattern components
- Review current IBM DB2® and WebSphere® instance versions
- Update the DB2 instance with the latest fix pack
- Update the WebSphere instance with the emergency fix
Find more informational and how-to videos on developerWorks TV!