Implementing high availability when connecting WebSphere Business Integration for Financial Networks to a SWIFT Secure IP Network
Learn how to set up high availability for FIN and MSIF services when connecting WebSphere Business Integration for Financial Networks to a SWIFT network. More >
Tabs showing featured content and WebSphere Technical Journal
- IBM PureApplication System backup and restore, Part 1: Recovery scenarios
While the system backup feature in PureApplication System captures system configuration, other backup techniques are needed to recreate specific cloud, workload, or data components. This article series looks at different aspects of backup and restore on PureApplication System, and Part 1 describes the recovery scenarios for which you should be prepared.
- IBM PureApplication System backup and restore, Part 2: System backup
Part 2 shows workload administrators how to back up the workload catalog (patterns, and so on) and the data in applications running in the cloud.
- Digital media processing in the cloud using IBM Business Process Manager
This article describes the challenges in building a cloud-based digital media processing factory, and how you can address those challenges using IBM Business Process Manager.
- Using WebSphere DataPower as a push notification proxy for Worklight mobile apps
Often used as a reverse proxy and security gateway for inbound traffic, DataPower can also be used as an outbound gateway to facilitate monitoring and routing. This article shows you how to set up DataPower as a push notification proxy that works with IBM Worklight to push notifications to mobile apps.
- Implementing build-time JPA enhancement with WebSphere Application Server
Learn how to set up build-time JPA enhancement in IBM Rational development products, using only the libraries provided by WebSphere Application Server. Build-time enhancement reduces startup times and provides seamless support for transferring JPA entities between JPA applications and non-JPA clients.
- The development project balancing act: Maintaining productivity, improving quality, and meeting deadlines, while trying to keep everyone happy
Lessons learned from working as a team lead on a production support team maintaining a large web application for a commercial business. The article describes release management challenges, and procedural changes that enhanced productivity and quality.
- Building applications with the IBM Data Cache service
Develop an application that uses IBM Data Cache service on the IBM Cloud environment.
- Injecting custom code into IBM PureApplication System virtual application patterns
In this article, you will learn a deployment-time code injection technique that lets you customize or extend a virtual application pattern without changing the pattern code or pattern definition, and then run your custom code on the virtual application pattern instances.
- Managing product libraries in virtual application pattern workloads
Virtual application patterns are a cloud workload deployment model used in IBM Workload Deployer, PureApplication System, and SmartCloud Orchestrator. Learn how to manage and install product binaries while developing your virtual application pattern plug-ins.
WebSphere learning resources
Services and Support
Recognizing developerWorks Master Author Bobby Woolf
Bobby Woolf is an Infrastructure Architect for IBM PureSystems in the AIM Services and Support organization. He is a co-author of several retail books on topics such as at Enterprise Integration, SOA, and IBM On Demand Technology.
See all of Bobby's developerWorks content