Guide to IBM Rational RequisitePro Users Manager Version 7.0.1
Use this utility to save time and trouble
If you use the standard security feature of IBM® Rational® RequisitePro®, you must manually define the user. If you want to have the same user defined for every RequisitePro project, you need to repeat this operation many times. By using this tool instead, you can import the users data into an Excel file, where you must specify the project, the group, the user name, and the e-mail address. The application then retrieves the data by column:
- Project column: To insert into the RequisitePro project only the record for the user who belongs to that project
- Group column: To insert the user record into the group
- User column: To create the user entry with the same password
- E-mail column: To retrieve the address if the user entry needs to be LDAP-enabled.
You can use a single Excel file for all users involved in multiple RequisitePro projects. You can also export the users already defined into a RequisitePro project to start using the utility.
These are the main actions that you can use RequisitePro Users Manager V7.0.1 to perform:
- Export all users and their respective groups in an Excel file (generate report).
- Create multiple users and put them into the mentioned groups.
- Create a group specified in the Excel file, and simultaneously add users to the group (it will not create a duplicate group if group).
- Create either LDAP users or non-LDAP users, depending upon the selection.
- Delete the users mentioned in the Excel file if the Delete option is selected.
- Activate deleted users (does not duplicate if the user already exists).
How to use this utility
Using RequisitePro Users Manager is very simple.
- Open a RequisitePro project with administration rights, and just double-click the ReqproUserManagers.exe file--see Download.
- On the screen that displays, select the Excel file that lists the
users and then, depending on whether you want to import or export
- Either click the Import button.
- Or specify an Excel file into which you want to export the users defined in the current RequisitePro project and then click Export.
Figure 1 shows the RequisitePro Users Manager view.
Figure 1. RequisitePro Users Manager user interface
In the Operations Log area, you will see the operation performed for every user. If the user already exists in the RequisitePro project, you will get a notice that tells you that this user that will be skipped. If you export the defined users to the current project, you will see the list of the users exported.
This utility can perform different operations, such as create LDAP users, create non-LDAP users, delete users, and reactivate deleted users, depending upon which of the options you select (see Figure 2).
Figure 2. Action options
You will also be notified when the operation is finished (Figure 3).
Figure 3. "Finished" notification
You can reactivate a deleted user simply by selecting the Activate Deleted User option. If you select this option, any user defined in the Excel file will be reactivated. To reactivate a user listed in the Excel file, click the Create LDAP user button.
If the name of the user name to be inserted is more than 14 characters long, the password will be blank. That omission will be indicated in the log.