I discussed wasprofile in How to Delete a Server because it's, you know, how to delete a server (specifically, a server profile, which may well be what you're trying to do; you be the judge). I discussed the wizard for creating a profile in How to Create a Server, or you can do it from the command line using
You can do a bunch of tasks with wasprofile. Specifically,
wasprofile -helplists these "modes":
- create -- Creates a new profile.
- listProfiles -- Lists the registered profiles in the profile registry.
- delete -- Deletes the profile.
- deleteAll -- Deletes all registered profiles.
- augment -- Augments the given profile using the given profile template.
- unaugment -- Unaugments the given profile.
- getName -- Returns the name of the profile at the path.
- getPath -- Returns the path of the profile name.
- validateRegistry -- Validates the profile registry and returns a list of profiles that are not valid.
- validateAndUpdateRegistry -- Validates the profile registry and lists the non-valid profiles that it purges.
- help -- This list of modes.
There does not seem to be a way to rename a profile, so choose a good name when you create it!
Basically, what wasprofile does is manipulate the stuff in the profile registry.