The suits say Amazon violates IBM patents covering such features as allowing users to order items from an electronic catalog, displaying advertising in an interactive service and storing data in an interactive network.
[IBM claims that the patents cover] the presentation of applications in an interactive service, the storage of data in an interactive network, the presentation of advertising in an interactive service, and the ordering of items from an electronic catalog.
For more information:
- IBM Files Patent Infringement Lawsuits Against Amazon.com (press release)
- IBM sues Amazon for patent infringement (Ars Technica)
- IBM sues Amazon over Web patents (Reuters)
- IBM Sues Amazon Over Patents (Forbes)
- IBM: Amazon violates our patents (CNet)
- IBM sues Amazon.com over patents (Computerworld)
- IBM Sues Amazon For Patent Infringement (Slashdot)