There's an excellent book that explains how to do SOA Governance.
The book is called, not too shockingly, SOA Governance
. More specifically, the full title is SOA Governance: Achieving and Sustaining Business and IT Agility
. The authors are four of IBM's experts on SOA and SOA governance.
|From the back cover of the book:|
Address the #1 Success Factor in SOA Implementations: Effective, Business-Driven Governance
Inadequate governance might be the most widespread root cause of SOA failure. In SOA Governance, a team of IBM’s leading SOA governance experts share hard-won best practices for governing IT in any service-oriented environment.
The authors begin by introducing a comprehensive SOA governance model that has worked in the field. They define what must be governed, identify key stakeholders, and review the relationship of SOA governance to existing governance bodies as well as governance frameworks like COBIT. Next, they walk you through SOA governance assessment and planning, identifying and fixing gaps, setting goals and objectives, and establishing workable roadmaps and governance deliverables. Finally, the authors detail the build-out of the SOA governance model with a case study.
The authors illuminate the unique issues associated with applying IT governance to a services model, including the challenges of compliance auditing when service behavior is inherently unpredictable. They also show why services governance requires a more organizational, business-centric focus than “conventional” IT governance.
- Understanding the problems SOA governance needs to solve
- Establishing and governing service production lines that automate SOA development activities
- Identifying reusable elements of your existing IT governance model and prioritizing improvements
- Establishing SOA authority chains, roles, responsibilities, policies, standards, mechanisms, procedures, and metrics
- Implementing service versioning and granularity
- Refining SOA governance frameworks to maintain their vitality as business and IT strategies change
I plan to post a review of the book soon.
Technorati Tags: soa governance, service-oriented architecture, ibm || Digg it | Slashdot it | Post to del.icio.us |