The Eclipse Foundation has released a new version of the Eclipse platform, Eclipse Galileo. Technically, they call it a "release train" built on the platform, which means it doesn't change the platform but instead adds a whole bunch of stuff they think people are going to want. The stuff doesn't necessarily work together, but at least it's all grouped into one downloadable thing.
For more info, see "Eclipse Galileo Release Now Available." Also see "An Eclipse Galileo flyby" on developerWorks.
The new release contains something for everyone:
- Java: JDT - Java development tools
- Workflow: Java Workflow Tooling
- Ajax: Rich Ajax Platform
- SOA: Swordfish, SOA Tools, and SCA Tools
- Code generation: M2T JET (Java Emitter Templates) - aka JET2 (see The Design Patterns Toolkit)
- Component architecture: Equinox (see Eclipse Equinox)