Matthew Whitehead 120000DAG9 Visits (3156)
In 2009 IBM published performance reports for WebSphere MQ File Transfer Edition 7.0.1 as SupportPacs for Linux, Solaris and System Z.
In the development team we've run some more informal tests to demonstrate agent heap usage in a simple FTE scenario. I'm posting some of these informal figures and charts here to give users an idea of agent memory usage under basic operation.
Note - the tests we ran were by no means extensive and the data published here is intended as a guide only and is not a guarantee of performance levels or resource consumption of WebSphere MQ Managed File Transfer. The results should not be extrapolated to larger more complex scenarios.
The Linux and Solaris scenarios involved 3 FTE agents:
For the System Z test, because the lower default heap size available to the agent we only tested sending files so only agents 2 and 3 were used.
The agent test on Linux covered the following activities running concurrently:
In total 2GBs were transferred from agent 1 to the agent under test, and 2GBs were transferred from the agent under test to agent 3. The approximate duration of the test was 5 minutes.
The heap memory consumption during the test is shown in the jconsole screenshot below. As you can see from the jconsole graph, heap usage varied from ~200MBs to ~500MBs during the test:
The agent test on Solaris covered the following activities running concurrently:
In total 10GBs were transferred from agent 1 to agent 2, and 25GBs were transferred from agent 2 to agent 3.
The heap memory consumption during the test is shown in the jconsole screenshot below (note the total duration of the test is not indicated in the screenshot as jconsole data was not captured in full.) Heap usage varied from ~620MBs to ~800MBs during the test:
Because of the small default heap size on System Z, the agent test on this platform only included transferring 4 x 250MB files from agent 1 to the agent under test. In total 1GB was transferred from agent 1 to agent 2. The duration of the test was approximately 7 minutes.
The heap memory consumption during the test is shown in the jconsole screenshot below. Heap usage varied from ~10MBs to ~60MBs during the test: