Enabling X509 authentication mechanism for SAP adapter - Prerequisites
BDTT_Nabila_Kazmi 270003BDTT Visits (2739)
X509 authentication mechanism is based on Secure Network Communication.
Below is a checklist of things that has to be completed before one starts using the X509 authentication mechanism for SAP server on any runtime.
1. The first thing one has to keep in mind is that the libraries are installed at both the client and server end.
2. The other thing to be checked for is that the sapgenpse.exe file is in place. This is the configuration tool for this authentication mechanism.
3. The external security library provided by SAP for SNC authentication is sapcrypto.dll. This has to be pointed to in the toolkit during metadata discovery
4. Configuring and setting up PSE (personal security environment) for both client and server in order to verify the authenticity of each other. This PSE file has to be generated at the client end once only.
5. These PSEs then need to be exchanged between the SAP client and the SAP server(EIS end).
6. Other than the steps above, for Outbound no additional configuration is needed.
7. For Inbound, the RFC server has to be configured for SNC i.e. enable SNC for the RFC server. For this just go to the "Security" tab under your RFC server and click the checkbox Enable SNC authentication.