Power Development Platform (PDP)
The IBM Virtual Loaner Program new offering - IBM i 7.1 early program. Try out the latest IBM i now!
Details about the VLP IBM i 7.1 Early Program
- VLP will offer i 7.1 Beta level code on POWER6, and Beta level i 7.1 will also be available on POWER7 after April 23rd.
- Reservations can be made for up to 21 days duration, 2 CPU / 4 GB RAM / 100 GB of Storage
- VLP will offer new beta images until a GA level image is available, approximately 30 days after GA of IBM i 7.1
- Once the GA image is available, no NEW Beta images will be allowed, but saved Beta images can be restored for 30 days to allow information to be moved from the image to a GA level image.
- A beta image cannot be upgraded to a GA level image.
- VLP will dispose of all IBM i 7.1 Beta saved images 30 days after GA level images are available in the VLP.
- After the 30 day post GA availability period, the beta promo code will be removed to prevent restore of saved images
Please contact Bill Schulz at email@example.com for more details
Important-- During the AIX 6 Open Beta trial, the System Workload Partitions (WPARs) are not automatically enabled. The automatic WPAR creation feature will be only available later this year when AIX 6 will be released officially.
AIX 6 open beta -- IBM is offering access to a prerelease version of AIX 6 during the no-charge open beta. AIX 6 provides support for the advanced features of the new IBM POWER6 systems and will include significant new capabilities for virtualization, security, continuous availability features and manageability. AIX 6 is fully binary compatible with AIX 5L. For more information on AIX 6 and the open beta program see: AIX6 Open Beta - Early Programs
Now IBM Business Partners can try the AIX 6 open beta preinstalled and ready to use in VLP. With this beta offering, you will receive easy, no-cost access to an AIX 6 image to develop, test or demonstrate your solutions.[Read More]