Yesterday IBM released a new study of midsize organizations in 17 countries to get a pulse on the state-of-the-state of their IT plans.
The results suggest that companies have not been deterred from their strategic IT initiatives, despite a clear call to cut costs in a difficult economy.
Five key trends emerged in the study:
- The highest-priority tech solution (75%) is information management, which means turning mountains of data into meaningful insights
- The most pressing business challenges include increasing efficiency and productivity (80%), improving customer care (74%), and better use of information (72%)
- The impact of the economy on IT budgets has caused 53% to actually increase or re-prioritize their spending, while 37% report a decrease
- More than two-thirds surveyed are planning or currently implementing their top IT priorities
- A majority of firms view their primary IT provider as a technology advisor or IT and business consultant, while 25% see the relationship as purely transactional
You can read the full study here (PDF, 3.3MB).
Technorati Tags: it trends, market research, small business, smb