There's been much discussion on the inter-web thing and the blogosphere regarding the various RFA (Release for Announce) documents IBM provides prior to official press-releasing products. Well with so much to cover the IBM Information Infrastructure event in France this week was chosen as the launch pad for everything we have today officially announced.
- IBM XIV Yes, its finally official, the FUD and mud slinging from EMC was just that, the only reason we weren't discussing was to save the official statements until today in Montpelier. Look at the free publicity it produced - even with so much FUD and mud I've seen various independent writers comment - EMC must be worried.>
- IBM DS5000 A new enterprise class modular (adaptable) storage system for mid-range costs.
- IBM DS8000 R4 Including RAID-6, larger FC drives, enhancements for our System Z users, flexible LPARs and more.
- IBM Virtual Tape enhancements including the integration of the Diligent technology acquired earlier this year in the TS7650G Deduplication gateway, TS2900 Entry level autoloader, TS3500 high density system.
- N6000 Storage System including new updates for snapshot copies with SnapManager and SnapVault.
Just a quick update to point to the press releases/updates and between myself and Tony we will be covering all this in more detail over the next few days, including the inside scoop from Tony in France.