With Spectrum Scale 4.1.1 release the IDC number one rated Software Defined Storage takes a new leap by offering with integrated
- Cluster File System (POSIX)
- Analytic Connectors
- Openstack compatibility
all under one namespace with features like Automated Tiering, Flash Acceleration, Inherent DR capabilities, Tape integration, Software RAID options (GNR) etc, where all the brain is embedded into the software.
If you are cognizant of the changing characteristics of workloads as well as have legacy workloads to be considered, you surely want to think of Spectrum Scale - as it is specifically visioned , designed and engineered for such genres.
In this blog, I want to list some of the developer blogs from my colleagues and resources which helps as easy starters - This is not a comprehensive list of features but pointers to some of the capabilities.
Spectrum Scale Object Store
If you are not thinking of Object store, you may be left behind because your competitors are already into the game. Here are some Spectrum Scale Object related content
9.Building an enterprise class on-premise file sync and share solution using IBM Spectrum Scale for object storage and ownCloud
10. Microsoft SharePoint data management solution: Using IBM Spectrum Scale for object storage and AvePoint DocAve
Spectrum Scale Protocol Authentication
Spectrum Scale Protocol Security
Spectrum Scale OpenStack Compatibility
- IBM® Spectrum Scale™ vs EMC Isilon for IBM® Spectrum Protect™ Workloads - A Competitive Test and Evaluation Report
- File & Object Access Overview from Paris summit:
- video that includes demonstration:
Think SDS | Think File | Think Object | Think Analytics | Think Cloud Storage - Think IBM Spectrum Scale !