NEWS! NEWS! NEW!
WAVESPACE SYNTHESIS ??
Yip, the blog topic here for me at IBM has been for sometime now my audio DSP
efforts, namely the WAVESPACE synthesizer, and DAMSIN MUSIC MACHINE.
Rhysently I have been very "flattered" to see that MOOG, the legendary pioneers
of the voltage controlled synthesizer, have abandoned a trademark(tm)
for a soft synthesizer called WAVESPACE.
Is Wavespace REAL?
Yes, wavespace is "built into" DAMSIN MUSIC MACHINE, and is very real.
At somepoint I plan to DETACH "wavespace" from DAMSIN into a stand alone SYNTH.
Is wavespace just a gimmik?
No! wavespace really does extract oscillator functions from 4D "spaces", in real time, spaces
that are similar to NON-HOMOMORPHIC MANIFOLDS. Its as crazzy as it sounds
it's like the "next step" beyond wave-tables.
osc_funktion(t_osc) = wavespace_f[n](x,y,z,t_space)
* wavespace generator function can be modulated in real time! (wave gen algorithm sequencer)
* setting t to "near zero" creates a stable oscillator shape with (x,y,z) as morph "trajectories"
* homogenous wavespace format gives 5 modulation destinations per oscilator !!
* every point in space is a new osc shape
* every "path" through the space a new "wavetable"
* Near "waves" in space create NEAR WAVES in sound!! very very imporant
* TRUE stereo usage, via "parameter" offsets creates "new stereo information" !!
Very real, very cool, very useful !!
CHECK OUT WAVESPACE / DAMSIN MUSIC MACHINE in
"RAY GUN" (demo)