- it's faster to install the fix pack directly
- you don't need to run any database migration scripts
- you can skip all of the backup and restore documentation in the update guide
Here is how to install Insight 18.104.22.168 directly:
- Before you can install Insight 22.214.171.124 you need access to the Insight 1.0 Multilingual media (either physical DVD or zip file or an installation repository) and the 126.96.36.199 fix pack (again, either the zip file, an installation repository, or an internet connection).
- Add the location of the Insight 188.8.131.52 fix pack repository to installation manager under File->Preferences->Repositories.
Note: This step is not required if you have an internet connection as installation manager will query the public IBM Rational fix pack repository.
- In the installer select Install.
- On the Install Packages panel notice that IBM Rational Insight Version 1.0 is available. Click on the Check for Other Versions and Extensions button.
- Installation Manager displays a dialog box indicating that other versions were found. Click OK.
- IBM Rational Insight Version 184.108.40.206 is now available. Select this version and click Next to being the installation of Insight 220.127.116.11.
- (Optional) If you want to install a previous fix pack you can select to Show all versions and then select to install the fix pack level that you want.