Last weeks update highlighted the launch of the refreshed PSF framework. So what are the enhancements?
Five (5) new use cases were added to the framework and 7of the existing use cases were updated.
The five new use cases are:
1. Order Management - Sterling Order Management provides ability to optimize complex order fulfillment processes
2. Procurement Optimization - this use case leverages Emptoris product suite to optimize procurement processes
3. Operational Risk Management - added OpenPages and Tivoli HSE Manager capabilities to integrate, automate,manage and monitor risk
4. Marketing Resource Management - Unica Marketing Operations provide improved management of marketing budgets and resources
5. Advanced Mobility - combines SPSS, iLOG, and Rational content to link vehicle data directly to the Original Equipment Manufacturer IT center
The modified use cases are:
1.Enterprise Content Management - added DataCap and Content Analytics to more easily and intelligently extract data for analysis
2.Enterprise Security Solutions - added Tivoli Endpoint Manager (BigFix) to provide a unified view of security operations
3.Enterprise Asset Management - formerly Plant Asset Management; expanded scope of project to include all assets within the enterprise
4. Service Management use case has been merged the RealTime Asset Locator use case.
5. Intelligent Building Management - added Tivoli Trirega capabilities to the use case to help clients reduce operational cost of facilities
6. Warranty Analytics - added iLog Business Rules Management System for automating claims processing
7. Sale and Operations Planning use case were consolidated into a single activity within Operations and Manufacturing Optimization
More information is available at the following link: https://www-304.ibm.com/partnerworld/wps/servlet/ContentHandler/isv_com_ind_frameworks_prodserv
Does your company have capabilities that complement the IBM offerings defined in the PSF Framework?
Is there opportunity to present a combined offering to solve the challenges faced by discrete manufacturers?
Begin the discussion by adding a comment to the blog or by contacting Rodney Sassaman, Industrial Sector Partner manager directly at email@example.com