Rational Developer for System i (v9.0): SSL enablement - This article details the steps needed in order to establish a successful SSL connection using RDi.
To setup your system to use SSL with IBM Toolbox for Java, complete the following steps.
1. Logon to the Digital Certificate Manager of the iSeries.
2. Create New Certificate Store.
3. *SYSTEM, Continue.
4. No - Do not create a certificate in the certificate store, Continue.
5. Create Certificate store password, OK.
6. Click 'Select a Certificate Store', *SYSTEM, Continue & Continue.
The screen should now look like the following:
7. On the left side of the screen select 'Create Certificate'.
8. Select 'Server or client certificate', Continue.
9. Select 'Local Certificate Authority(CA)', Continue.
10. Fill in the required fields
11. Select the following Applications to assign the certificate too:
Remote Command Server
IBM i TCP/IP Telnet Server
i5/OS DDM/DRDA Server - TCP/IP
Management Central Server
12. Select 'Work with client applications' on the right side of the screen and assign the certificate to the following:
IBM i TCP/IP Telnet Client
i5/OS DDM/DRDA Client - TCP/IP
13. Select 'Install Local CA Certificate on Your PC and 'Install certificate'.
14. Select 'Copy and paste certificate'.
15. Paste the content into notepad and save it as .cer.
16. Add the newly created .cer to the studio by clicking on 'Window, Preferences, Remote Systems & SSL.
17. Select 'Add' to add the certificate & OK.
18. Lastly, right click on the hostname and select properties under 'Remote Systems' and check the box for 'Use secure communications methods'.
19. You should now be able to establish a SSL connection.