Recycle, reuse! Presented here are the top reused docs for February, 2012 for three products: Rational Change, Rational Focal Point, and Rational Quality Manager. These are the docs which were used most often to helped solve your reported cases (PMRs) over the month for these three products. We figure if our TSEs are using these docs to help you, then it stands to reason that more of you who aren't calling in can also use these to help solve your issues as well!
IBM Rational Change:
Diagnosing IBM Rational Change Errors
Adding a Field for a New Attribute to Task Dialogs
Stay connected to IBM Rational Client Support
New web types introduced with IBM Rational Change 5.2
Only seeing 'Text value has changed' in the IBM Rational Change log file
Rational Quality Manager and Rational Change Integration
When running ccmsrv commands in Rational Synergy you get error: ccm_platform: unrecognized host architecture
Log in to Rational Change 5.2 configured in HTTPS mode fails with "URL failed to run APIs with connection failed" error
IBM Rational Focal Point:
Create and Manage Your Enhancement Requests in the Rational RFE Community
Global Administrator unable to view all workspaces when logged into Focal Point.
Where do i find the Focal Point logs in version 6.1?
Users receive an error when they login, "The FEATURE name FOCALPOINT_STAKEHOLDER with version 'YYYY.MMDD' cannot be found License server system does not support this feature..."
Known and Fixed issues in Telelogic Focal Point 6.3
Users are listed on the online users page even after the session time out limit
Log in to Rational Focal Point client results in Error "404"
Export or import of modules with elements containing formatted text does to Excel does not retain the formatting
Searching a published site results in "The application's digital signature has an error"
http://404 error after restarting IBM Rational Focal Point
Error "Unable to find ibmratl_lic/rcl_telelogic, file not found in java.library.path" during login to IBM Rational Focal Point
Expression queue latency on Oracle 10g and Oracle 11g
Security certificate expiration messages generated from Rational Focal Point applets
How to run the Ping commands in Rational Focal Point
Rational Focal Point 6.4.1 Detailed System Requirements
Fix list for Rational Focal Point 6.5
IBM Rational Quality Manager:
Error 404: No target servlet configured for uri: /jazz/web/console/QM
Running IBM Rational Quality Manager 2.0 server as a Windows Service
How to rename a user id that does not exist in the LDAP registry
IBM Support Assistant Lite for Rational Team Concert v3.0
Using the Rational Quality Manager Command Line Adapter
Creating Data Warehouse for JTS using Oracle database results in “java.sql.SQLException: ORA-01031: insufficient privileges” error
Running the 'Requirements' data collection job results in 'Failed' status with 'HTTP/1.1 401 Unauthorized' error
Exposing API Content for a Single Resource using Poster
Clicking a RequisitePro Link in an RQM Report Brings up an XML Page
We're again combining two of our normal 'series' posts to make sure you get all the info you need just in time! Let us know in the comments if you prefer this format of combining the downloads and live on developerWorks posts, or if you prefer them as separate and distinct posts...
The following are downloads posted since January 27th:
The following items went live on developerWorks Rational this week:
Create a multichannel portlet app with Rational Application Developer, Part 1
By Gaurav Bhattacharjee (firstname.lastname@example.org), Technical Lead, Rational Application Developer Portal Tools, IBM
This series shows how to use Rational Application Developer to create a multichannel composite portlet app that integrates data from IBM DB2, Microsoft SharePoint, and IBM Connections into multiple wired portlets hosted on IBM WebSphere Portal 7.0. Part 1 explains the setup for this five-part demo.
Product: Rational Application Developer
Integrate Rational Focal Point with requirements, project, and test management tools
By Vipin Kumar Agrawal (email@example.com), Senior Staff Software Engineer, IBM
Learn how Rational Focal Point 6.5.1 adds traceability reports and integrates with Collaborative Lifecycle Management (CLM) apps: Rational Requirements Composer to track technical and business requirements; Rational Team Concert for collaborative project management; Rational Quality Manager for testing.
Product: Rational Focal Point, Rational Requirements Composer, Rational Team Concert, Rational Quality Manager
Extend Rational Functional Tester to test Adobe Flex or Flash applications
By Tim Hague (firstname.lastname@example.org), Quality Assurance Automation Engineer, IBM
Even with Rational Functional Tester's built-in support, constant browser security updates interfere with automating GUI Flex applications. Tim Hague explains how to extend it with Selenium and FlexMonkium open source components that are updated frequently enough to overcome this problem.
Product: Rational Functional Tester
We are pleased to feature Contributing Author Franki Schafrik
Franki Schafrik has 17 years of experience in using Rational System Architect. She has 20 years experience consulting on enterprise architecture (EA) for government and commercial clients around the world. Franki teaches DoDAF and EA methodologies internationally.
This week we are also highlighting the following items on the developerWorks Rational home page and product pages that you may find of interest.
image credit: (cc) Some rights reserved by mcclanahoochie
Due to an abundance of great content this week, we're combining two of our normal 'series' posts to make sure you get all the info you need just in time!
The following are downloads posted since January 18th:
In addition to the above downloads, the following items went live on developerWorks Rational this week as well:
How using Rational Rhapsody UML models helps determine which code to reuse
By Joanne L. Scouler (email@example.com), Curriculum Architect, IBM and Martin R. Bakal (firstname.lastname@example.org), Rational Electronics Industry Offering Manager, IBM
Modeling while analyzing existing code helps systems developers make decisions about what code to reuse. This article explains the keys to successful reuse and how to reuse code by combining code-centric development with modeling.
Product: IBM Rational Rhapsody
Using Rational Change and ClearCase together for changes and configuration
By Prajna Dutt (email@example.com), Associate Software Engineer, IBM
By configuring the Rational Change for ClearCase Interface, you can use Rational Change and Rational ClearCase together for change and configuration management. Learn how these tools integrate to track implementation of change requests. (Requires intermediate-level knowledge of both tools.)
Products: IBM Rational Change, IBM Rational ClearCase
We are pleased to feature Contributing Author Jean-Louis Maréchaux
Jean-Louis Maréchaux is a Rational software engineer at the IBM Canada Lab, focusing on software architecture, Java EE technologies, service-oriented architecture (SOA), and agile software development practices. His involvement with software development projects began in 1997. He has been developing applications first, and then has been acting as a coding architect. As an IBM Rational field practitioner, Jean-Louis helped many customers define the best development environments for their collocated and distributed teams. He is now responsible for the development of training material for some of the IBM architecture, design, and development products and technologies. Jean-Louis is the author of several articles on technologies and practices. He also contributed to A Practical Guide to Distributed Scrum (IBM Press, 2010), and he started his Pragmatic Architecture blog in 2011 to share his thoughts on software engineering.
Visit Jean-Louis' developerWorks profile
Read all of Jean-Louis' developerWorks content
Learn about the Author achievement recognition program
This week we are also highlighting the following item on our Rational Performance Tester product page that you may find of interest.
image credit: (cc) Some rights reserved by mcclanahoochie
Following are the latest in downloads released by Rational last week between January 5th and today (and check out the 'tags' above to find other downloads you may have missed):
image credit: (cc) Some rights reserved by mcclanahoochie
Following are the latest in downloads released by Rational last week between November 8th, 2011 and today (and check out the 'tags' above to find other downloads you may have missed):
image credit: (cc) Some rights reserved by viZZZual.com
Following are the latest in downloads released by Rational last week between Sept 27th, 2011 and today (and check out the 'tags' above to find other downloads you may have missed):
image credit: (cc) Some rights reserved by viZZZual.com
The following list was reported as the content most referenced by our Technical Support Engineers as they worked your Rational Synergy and Rational Change PMRs (problem management records) over the month of August. We hope you find this list as valuable a resource to help you address these issues as our TSEs have:
- 1325155: How to diagnose start problems with the Rational Synergy classic client
- 1325152: Diagnosing IBM Rational Change Errors
- 1325223: How to recognize and correct ccmdb check errors in Rational Synergy with Informix On-Line 7.x, 9.x, 10.x and 11.x database server
- 1325284: Setting up ESD in CM Synergy
- 1412934: Running FS_CHECK results in "SERIOUS" warning
- 1419794: How to change the ownership of the object to a new user ID
- 1425118: IBM Rational Synergy Web-Mode client receive error: Session Manager Resource Error
- 1472877: ccm fs_check shows unused archive entries post Archive Conversion
- 1504733: IBM Rational Synergy: How to reverse the projects' History View to how it behaved before Synergy 7.1
- 1508671: Error "LdapConfigurationException" at Rational Directory Server (RDS) Apache 5.x startup
- 1131335: Utility to collect ClearCase logs and diagnostic data on Windows
- 1324049: What are the important files/folders to be backed up in Telelogic Change?
- 1324243: The "Change Requests" tab is not available in the Synergy developer client.
- 1324376: Moving Telelogic Change Customizations to another Installation
- 1324583: How do I run a triple redundant license server?
- 1324590: How do I restore the SDS/TDS/LDAP data from backup?
- 1325042: What are "Tasks on top of Baseline"?
- 1325177: IBM Rational Synergy User Roles & Security
- 1325193: How to increase the Logical Logs in IBM Informix used by IBM Rational Synergy
Following are the latest in downloads released by Rational last week between Sept 13th, 2011 and today:
image credit: (cc) Some rights reserved by viZZZual.com
We have a lot in store for you this week, so grab a cuppa and settle in, ready to devour as much new information as you can!
From interactive demos, to larger scope articles on making government matter, as well as deeper dives into the lates information on Rational Host Access Transformation Services (HATS), we think you'll find at least one of these articles below highly valuable for your business today!
Without further ado, the following items went live on developerWorks Rational this week:
What's new in IBM Rational Host Access Transformation Services Version 8By:
Need a low-cost, low-risk way to quickly and cost-effectively update your 3270, 5250, and video terminal (VT) host applications with new web, rich client, and even mobile device UIs? Then you need IBM Rational HATS. Read on for details about the many new functions and features in Version 8.Products:
IBM Rational Host Access Transformation Services
Debugging techniques for IBM Rational Change runtime problemsBy:
When you know some of the debugging techniques for any runtime problem in IBM Rational Change enterprise change management software, you might be able to fix it yourself. Even if you do call tech support, you'll be better prepared. So either way, you'll save considerable time and avoid frustration.Products:
IBM Rational Change
Why going APE would improve software developmentBy:
Randall C. MascianaAbstract:
Tools should assist in creating and testing end-to-end component software, but we now expect developers to use tools to corral a multitude of resources from various disciplines, says the author. He proposes that we let "Autonomous Programming Experts (APEs)" return to developing end-to-end software.
This week developerWorks Rational is also highlighting the following items on their home page and product pages that you may find of interest. Check out the other great resources highlighted over there, covering topics from interactive demos to testing, cost reduction to improving government, as well as a great gob of information on the Rational Host Access Transformation Services home page!
On the developerWorks Rational Home page:
On the Rational Host Access Transformation Services home page:
An introduction to HATS mobile device supportBy:
This article summarizes the support provided by IBM® Rational® Host Access Transformation Services (HATS) that allows access to character-based 3270 and 5250 host applications from mobile devices, such as cellular phones, data collection terminals, and personal digital assistants (PDAs). The author assumes that readers have a working knowledge of HATS capabilities and application development tasks.
Use EGL Rich UI and HATS to integrate green-screen applications in your SOABy:
This article summarizes the Enterprise Generation Language Rich User Interface (EGL Rich UI) support provided in IBM's EGL tooling products; Rational® Developer for System z® with EGL, Rational Developer for i for SOA Construction, and Rational Business Developer, in combination with Rational Host Access Transformation Services (HATS). Using these solutions you can quickly and easily create Web applications to access business logic and transactions contained within character-based 3270 and 5250 applications in a service-oriented architecture (SOA) environment..
Leveraging 3270 or 5250 data within Web-based mashup applicationsBy:
Learn how to extract 3270 or 5250 data using IBM® Rational® Host Access Transformation Services, which can then be formed into an Atom data feed. This data feed can be utilized by IBM Mashup Center to consolidate with other data sources to create a new situational application for business users. We present an example of extracting data from a 3270 financial application, creating an Atom feed, cataloging that feed, and using that data to create an information dashboard for a loan officer.
Looking for tips and tricks, advice on configuration, or just more clarity on product usage? Here are some great articles from the Jazz.net library highlighting tutorials and how-to's for improving your setup and use of Rational tools and solutions:
And here's even more from the Rational developerWorks Tech Library:
image credit: (cc) Some rights reserved by Marshall Astor
Our periodic roundup of tech articles from developerWorks Rational is hot off the presses again. The following articles went live over the past week and a half:
Implement workspaces to model multiple versions of DoDAF 2 architectures
By: Franki Schafrik
Abstract: Learn how to implement IBM Rational System Architect workspaces for different versions of enterprise, as-is, and to-be architectures; for integrating a system of systems; and for trade-off analysis. The author also describes benefits of each scenario and four software tools to analyze workspaces.
Products: IBM Rational System Architect
How to configure IBM Rational Change 5.3 to run in FIPS mode
By: Pradeep K. Shashidhar
Abstract: Increase security by following these steps to configure Rational Change 5.3 to run in Federal Information Processing Standard (FIPS) mode. This article provides code for all configuration changes required in the application, the Java Runtime Environment (JRE), and the web server.
Products: IBM Rational Change
Three ways to do more with Rational Build Forge capabilities
By: Ashish Aggarwal
Abstract: You can use the included command line Java and Perl APIs to handle software builds through IBM Rational Build Forge, rather than the management console. You can also integrate it with Jazz-based testing and change-and-release management tools. This article explains how, complete with sample code.
Products: IBM Rational Build Forge
Configure secure access for multiple installations of Rational Team Concert
By: Murali Dhandapani
Abstract: For secure access to multiple installations of Rational Team Concert, you need the Network Deployment version of IBM WebSphere Application Server. Learn how to get an SSL certificate and how to install and configure it on each of the profiles created in Version 6.1 or 7.0 of the application server.
Products: IBM Rational Team Concert
Over the past week, and particularly this past weekend, a few new downloads made their way through our tweet stream and Facebook wall. Seeing as these were posted during typically 'off' hours for most of us, we thought it would be of some benefit to highlight those recent releases here, to raise visibility in the case that you may have missed and need one or more of these downloads:
- IBM Rational Application Developer Standard Edition for WebSphere Software, Version 8.0.3 http://ow.ly/1djSf7
- IBM Rational Application Developer for WebSphere Software, Version 8.0.3 http://ow.ly/1djSf8
- IBM Rational Software Architect, Version 8.0.3 - IBM Rational Software Architect 803 refreshpack http://ow.ly/1djtIG
- IBM Rational Software Architect for WebSphere Software, Version 8.0.3 http://ow.ly/1djtIF
- IBM Rational AppScan Source Edition-Full-Linux-18.104.22.168-fixpack - APARs fixed in Fix Pack2: PM11969 PM18499 PM27174 PM31613 PM34... http://ow.ly/1diSvU
- IBM Rational AppScan Source Edition-Full-Windows-22.214.171.124-fixpack - APARs fixed in Fix Pack2: PM11969 PM18499 PM27174 PM31613 PM... http://ow.ly/1diMkV
- IBM Rational AppScan Source Edition-Dev-plugin-Linux-126.96.36.199-fixpack - APARs fixed in Fix Pack2: PM11969 PM18499 PM27174 PM3161... http://ow.ly/1diMkW
- IBM Rational AppScan Source Edition-Dev-plugin-Windows-188.8.131.52-fixpack - APARs fixed in Fix Pack2: PM11969 PM18499 PM27174 PM31... http://ow.ly/1diMkX
- IBM WebSphere Application Server 6.1 Test Environment Update v184.108.40.206 http://ow.ly/1dhU0e
- IBM Rational Change 220.127.116.11 Fix Pack UNIX - This fix pack addresses a number of issues in 5.3, including ... http://ow.ly/1dhOHc
- IBM Rational Change 18.104.22.168 Fix Pack Windows - This fix pack addresses a number of issues in 5.3, includi... http://ow.ly/1dhOHb
- IBM Rational Synergy for Eclipse Interface Interim Fix 1 for 7.2 http://ow.ly/1dlBko
- IBM Rational Synergy Fix Pack 3 (22.214.171.124) for 7.1 - IBM Rational Synergy Fix Pack 126.96.36.199 has been made gener... http://ow.ly/1dhwlR
- IBM Rational Synergy 7.1 Fix Pack 0.3 Windows - This Fix Pack solves 188.8.131.52 problems with Synergy CLI, G... http://ow.ly/1dgcgf
- IBM Rational Synergy 7.1 Fix Pack 0.3 UNIX - This Fix Pack solves 184.108.40.206 problems with Synergy CLI, GUI,... http://ow.ly/1dgcgg
- IBM Rational Synergy Interim Fix 1 for 7.2 - IBM Rational Synergy 220.127.116.11_iFix001 has been made generally ava... http://ow.ly/1ddt4b
- IBM Rational Synergy 18.104.22.168 iFix001 UNIX - This Interim Fix solves 7.2 problems related to DCM clusters ... http://ow.ly/1daUF5
- IBM Rational Synergy 22.214.171.124 iFix001 Windows - This Interim Fix solves 7.2 problems related to DCM cluste... http://ow.ly/1daUF4
- IBM Rational AppScan Standard Edition-Windows-126.96.36.199-Rules-Update-1282-Recommended http://ow.ly/1dlhR6
- IBM Rational AppScan Standard Edition-Windows-188.8.131.52-Rules-Update-1279-Recommended http://ow.ly/1dfQbN
- IBM Rational AppScan Standard Edition-Windows-184.108.40.206-Rules-Update-1273-Recommended http://ow.ly/1ddaX8
- IBM Rational Systems Tester 220.127.116.11 - This is a planned fixpack that focuses on fixing APARs, for more de... http://ow.ly/1dabqy
- IBM Rational Statemate 4.6.1 iFix for Windows X/Server 8.5 - Includes Patch & hotfix for X/Server 8.5 http://ow.ly/1derg3
- IBM Rational Insight 18.104.22.168 - IBM Rational Insight 22.214.171.124 contain fixes and features including the migr... http://ow.ly/1de3ov
- IBM Rational Team Concert 3.0.1 - IBM Rational Team Concert 3.0.1 has been made generally available as part o... http://ow.ly/1de3ou
- IBM Rational Quality Manager 3.0.1 - IBM Rational Quality Manager 3.0.1 has been made generally available as ... http://ow.ly/1de3ow
- IBM Rational Requirements Composer 3.0.1 - IBM Rational Requirements Composer 3.0.1 has been made generally a... http://ow.ly/1derg2
Want to make sure you never miss notifications like the ones listed above again? Then check out "MyNotifications
" and setup a free subscription to receive only the products and document types which YOU are interested in, and in the manner you desire (RSS, web page, or direct daily/weekly emails
image credit: (cc) Some rights reserved by shokai
If you're an administrator for a Rational Synergy/Change installation that uses Informix and you haven't seen this technote: "Increase IBM Informix Dynamic Server 11.5 STACKSIZE parameter to prevent Informix crashes
", then we STRONGLY suggest that you give it a read and implement the setting change it suggests.
Under certain circumstances, the default STACKSIZE for the Informix server is too small and can possibly lead to a stack overflow condition, which can bring the server offline. While the server can usually be brought back online without incident, in some cases it cannot and the server needs to be re-created from backups.
The tech note above suggests increasing STACKSIZE and restarting the Informix server to pro-actively prevent
the stack overflow issue. If you're an admin for Rational Synergy or Rational Change, and use Informix as your back-end database, we highly encourage you to implement the changes addressed in this technote
Here it is, hot off the presses, the top content for IBM Rational Change as reused by our technical support engineers in April. These are technotes that have the highest reuse percentages for the month which helped resolve PMRs. Hopefully you can find some quality information here to recycle and help you tackle the issues before they become problems:
1266155: This technote describes how commonly reported security problems affect the IBM Rational Web Platform and Change Management (CM) Server. These platforms serve as Web interfaces for Rational ClearCase, Rational ClearQuest, Rational ProjectConsole, and Rational RequisitePro.
1324322: How to enable debugging for the jetty and vde logs in Change?
1325152: Diagnosing IBM Rational Change Errors
1399206: How can I enable IBM Rational DOORS Database logging?
1402320: How do you change jetty port number after the installation of IBM Rational Change 5.2?
1409143: How do you reset the password of the Admin account in IBM Rational Change 5.x?
1413308: How can the Tomcat ports used by IBM Rational DOORS Web Access (DWA) be changed from their default values, so that DWA will not conflict with other running Tomcat-based applications installed on the same system?
1413832: Which analyzer is used for search indexing in IBM Rational Change?
1417428: How do you configure an Authorized user (USER_BASED) license for IBM Rational Publishing Engine?
1427152: What effect does Linger time and Idle time have in IBM Rational Change?
So there you have it. We hope sharing out information like this proves useful to you... And hey, if it helped you avoid calling in or openign a PMR, we'd love to hear about it in the document feedback itself or here in the comments of the blog entry!