New to your enterprise, want to get accustomed to the Rational Portfolio that your enterprise uses but you do not know how to start?
Any project that is taken up by an enterprise or an organization needs the knowledge, skills, tools, and techniques to see success. Each of these tools requires them to be licensed so that there is an authentic and a transparent way to deliver the project seamlessly.
Almost all IBM Rational products require license keys in order to run them. Others give the option of using license keys as a way of controlling usage within an enterprise. The IBM Rational License Key Center is a web service that allows for the generation and management of rational license keys.
To begin with, let us understand on how we can access your IBM Rational Software License Keys.
Every Organization who is entitled to use the IBM Rational tools has a Primary Site Contact or a Site Technical Contact.
Who is a Primary Site Contact?
- Usually the individual who orders the software or who is the “sold to” contact in your company.
- The person who receives the Proof of Entitlement Certificate (PoE) for each order.
- The default person authorized to access the IBM Software and Services download site and the Rational License Key Center.
- The only person who can change site contacts, manage access, and assign up to four Secondary Primary Site Contacts to assist with account management. A Primary Site Contact can delegate a Secondary Primary Site Contact to approve user access to the download site.
Who is a Site Technical Contact?
- The person responsible for the support relationship with IBM . This person ensures that users understand how to work with IBM technical support.
- The default contact in the Rational License Key Center.
- The person who receives the IBM Customer Number (ICN) and who can provide the ICN to users to access IBM technical support.
- The person who authorizes users to access the IBM Service Request (SR) site to submit and manage support cases.
- The person who delegates responsibilities to Secondary Site Technical Contacts. You can have a maximum of nine Secondary Site Technical Contacts.
In simple words they are the designated Special Point of Contacts (SPOCs) for your respective organization(s).
If you are unsure on whom the Primary Site Contact or Site Technical Contact is, please Send email inquiry to the IBM eCustomer Care Team that supports your geography. Include your IBM Site ID along with your inquiry. The email address for the IBM eCustomer Care team can be found here: https://www-112.ibm.com/software/howtobuy/passportadvantage/paocustomer/docs/en_US/ecare.html
- If you are the Primary Site Contact or the Site Technical Contact for the Passport Advantage account, you are automatically assigned as a default member of the Rational License Key Center Account. You receive a Welcome email from firstname.lastname@example.org Follow the instruction in the email to access your account for the first time.
- If you cannot locate your Welcome email, proceed to the Rational License Key Center
(https://licensing.subscribenet.com/control/ibmr/login ). Click the "Forgot your password?" link to resend the Welcome email that contains instructions to create your password.
Note: Some times the email might land up either in your Spam folder or may have been blocked by your network firewall, in this case please make sure that the email email@example.com is added as an exception in your network, you may want to contact your network administrator in this case.
- If you are not the Primary Site Contact or Site Technical Contact, you must request to be added as a member of a Rational License Key Center account. Contact your Site Contacts to request access. Either Site Contact can manually add you to the account.
- You can also add yourself as a member of your company's License Key Center account:
1. Navigate to the IBM Rational License Key Center. http://www.ibm.com/software/rational/support/licensing/toIntraware.html
2. On the License Key Center login page, click the "Don't have a password?" link.
3. Enter your contact information and the IBM Site Number. Also, enter the Sales order number if you have it. The Primary Site Technical Contact has this information in the IBM Proof of Entitlement (PoE) certificate.
a) Submitting without a Sales order number will invoke an authorization process for your account. The email response from the Licensing Key Center might not be immediate.
b) When entering the Sales order number along with the Site number, authorization is not required. You receive a Welcome email right away.
4. After account creation, you receive a Welcome email from firstname.lastname@example.org
5. Log in to the License Key Center. The first time logging in to the License Key Center requires that you change the password.
You can also refer the below tech-note for more details: http://www.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21250433