developerWorks editors have assembled, collectively, the Top 100 articles and other items from 2009. While it may not be the traditional "12 Days of Christmas" gift list, we think our collection is quite impressive (as well as greater in number). You'll find nearly all of our top 100 highlighted in various places on our final home page update of 2009, but to make sure you don't overlook any (and to round out the list), I've collected them all here. Without further ado:
On the 12th month of '09, developerWorks gave to us...
- 15 Top WebSphere selections
- 14 Top Web developer zone favorites
- 11 XML "Top 10" items
- 10 Popular Rational zone winners
- 10 Premier podcasts
- 10 "Like and Hate" items
- 8 Best AIX and UNIX zone choices
- 7 Top Info Management highlights
- 7 Great SOA & Web Services picks
- 7 Must-read Java zone articles
- And a single clean green Linux zone gem
That's 100 gifts, to wrap up the year.
But wait -- there's more! Not being able to leave well enough alone, I bump the tally up to a prime 107 by adding my personal bonus list of 7 top developerWorks items -- including some significant accomplishments and milestones -- from 2009:
- The update of our entire developerWorks articles collection -- more than 11,000 articles -- to employ a more dynamic, interactive design.
- The celebration of the 10th birthday of developerWorks (with many articles and lists honoring the birthday)!
- The launch of 3 new local language developerWorks sites: Brazil, Vietnam, and Spanish-Speaking America.
- The steady and strong set of new materials week after week again this year, with more than 1,000 new resources -- including more than 800 technical how-to articles and tutorials, 150 trials and demos, and dozens of podcasts and videos.
- My personal milestone of 10 years with IBM developerWorks -- and the privilege and honor of working with such a talented and dedicated professional team throughout the 10 years.
- The content team's collaborative effort with the talented developers, designers, managers, marketing mavens and others across the entire developerWorks team to launch (and enhance) My developerWorks (sometimes referred to as "the world's geekiest social network"). (We also extended our social network by launching our own developerWorks Twitter account -- which already has more than 20,000 followers!)
- The fact that most developerWorks team members can take a well-deserved break during the last days of the year, reflect on 2009's accomplishments and highlight some of our best content and resources, and recharge and plan for 2010 and beyond.
Thanks to everyone who helps make our hard work worthwhile -- whether by reading one or many of our how-to articles, commenting or asking questions in our discussion forums and blogs and elsewhere on My developerWorks, rating our tutorials and content, downloading a trial or trying a demo, or otherwise. We're happy to have helped serve your wants and needs in 2009 -- and will continue to do so in 2010 and beyond.
Happy New Year, everyone!