This blog describes in detail how to configure the SAP Server for running the SAP connectivity sample provided with WebSphere Message Broker (WMB). The blog further details the procedure to follow to configure SAP System for SAP Inbound Sample and configuration of SAP Inbound Adapter on Message Broker end.
Read the full blog here
- Install WebSphere Message Broker 6.1 and upgrade to latest fixpac 03 (126.96.36.199) so that no errors are reported while importing the SAP Connectivity sample.
- Users who wish to run SAP Connectivity sample need to have a login to SAP server and to do this they need to install SAPGUI to login to SAP server.
The SAPGUI that needs to be installed is "SAP - SAPGUI 7.10+Add-ons with SAPLOGON Customizer"
- Once SAPGUI is installed open the connection and add the login details as follows:
Click on SAP LOGON select Systems tab and click on ‘new item’ then press ‘Next’ to go to the following screen and fill in the SAP server details
Save this setting and now we are ready to logon to the SAP Server.
- For successful deployment of message flows with SAP nodes, we must configure the message broker runtime with the prerequisite SAP Java Connector libraries (SAP JCO) and JAR file must be made available to the Adapter Connection Project.
The JCo libraries and JAR files is available at the following location
Users need to have valid user id and password to access the above files.
Unzip the files under C:\SAP_JCO
- Configuring SAP system (for SAP Inbound sample)
We need to configure the SAP Server to identify the broker as target destination.
Create the RFC connection from the SAP system to the broker
- Log in to your SAP system.
- Go to the SM59 transaction, Configuration of RFC connections.
- Click TCP/IP connections and click Create.
- Check that the connection type is set to T
- Set RFC Destination name to an appropriate value, for example SAMPRFC1.
- Select Registered Server Program in the Technical Settings tab
- Set the Program ID to match the Program ID that is specified in the broker adapter, for example, SAMPRFC1.
- Click Save to save the settings.
- Enter a description in the Description 1 field, for example, RFC for Sample.
- Enter a description in the Description 2 field, for example, your name.
- Click MDMP & Unicode.
- Select Unicode.
- Click the green tick on the pop-up window.
- Click Save
(Please download and rename the SAP_CONNECTIVITY_DOC.zip.jpg to SAP_CONNECTIVITY_DOC.zip and then unzip)