Hi, Margo here again, this time to talk about some designs post 8.0.
The current Inbox context menu (aka right-mouse menu) is long, and well, not that 'contextual' or useful. We need to first gather some information from you, on how you personally use the context menus, and how you think your users will use it. After I gather this feedback, I'll post some design proposals and you can give your opinion later on those too.
Do you or your business users frequently use and depend on these to be in the Inbox context menu... (or to put it more bluntly, if we remove these commands, will you be angry)?
- 'Document Properties' (Section A)? why do you use this for Mail?
- Any of the commands in Section B (Cut, Copy, Copy as Document Link, Copy Selected as Table, Paste)? why do you use this for Mail?
- Any of the commands in Section C (Open, Edit, Forward, Print)?
- Any of the commands in Section D (Open in New Window, Create Bookmark)?
- Any of the commands in Section E (Reply, Reply to All, Add Sender to Contacts, Copy into New)?
- Any of the commands in Section F (Quick Flag, Move to Folder, Block Mail from Sender)?
- Any of the commands in Section G (Add to Activities, Show Related Activities)
- Are you an Admin, App Developer, Business User, or other type of user?
Margo (Notes 8 (and beyond) Mail UI Designer)