I've been hearing great things about the Information On Demand Conference -- and I was happy to be able to see what's going on in the world of Services, Education, and Support today with the release of new IOD videos. Click the links below to view the videos:
The Information on Demand Conference is under way! This morning, I was excited to be able to watch the opening keynote live on my computer! There are many ways to connect with the event from home. Check out my suggestions below:
- On the IOD GC website, you can watch streaming video of the conference throughout the day. See the EXPO, listen to keynote speeches, watch interviews with key IBMers and IOD attendees.
- Follow the event on Twitter, using hashtag #iodgc or #baforum. If you want to follow our Services, Education, and Support activities specifically, follow hashtag #iodskills.
- Connect with all conference social media at the conference website.
- Attend Information On Demand Virtual 2010 -- the next best thing to being at the conference! Register early to gain access to two virtual events on November 17 and December 15 at no charge. You will see the top five sessions from IOD, catch highlights of keynotes and general session and chat live with IBM experts, without ever leaving your desk. These focused virtual sessions will provide the latest trends and industry strategies. Doors open at 12:30PM EST and scheduled sessions begin promptly at 1:00PM EST.
On November 17, you can:
- Attend webcasts of the top five sessions at IOD Global Conference 2010
- Participate in a chat session with IBM experts
- Experience the IOD Global Conference 2010 General Session presentations on demand….at your leisure
- Get valuable reference documentation from the Resource Center
On December 15, you can:
- Attend webcasts featuring IBM customer success stories
- Experience the November 17 event on demand…at your leisure
Click here to sign up for Information On Demand Virtual 2010!
For those of you at the event, I hope you are having a productive, informative, and fun experience. And, for those like me who are attending from home, I hope you find the links I've shared useful.
As a new part of my job this year, I started working closely with our IM Software Services team. I am constantly impressed by the wide variety of solutions these experts provide for our clients, and I am happy to say you will be able to talk to some of these experts in person at Information on Demand 2010!
If you aren't familiar with our IM Software Services team, here is a quick overview:
The IM Software Services team is comprised of a worldwide group 700+ industry and technology experts who can work as your technology and business partners to help you achieve successful implementation and deployment of your software solution. This team will help you maximize business benefits, mitigate risk, and maximize your return on investment. This of IM Software Services as the “heart surgeons" when it comes to IM Software engagements.
How we help you succeed:
When implementing an Information Management solution it is critical to have an experienced team involved to ensure you achieve the results you want the first time -- through a proven, low risk delivery approach. The Information Management Services team has the capabilities to meet a diverse set of needs, and is ready to deliver your Information Management solution in an efficient and cost effective manner to accelerate your Return On Investment. We offer a broad and flexible range of planning, custom education, design engineering, implementation and solution support services. Our consultants have deep technical knowledge, industry skills, and delivery experience from thousands of engagements worldwide.
To meet with our Services experts to discuss how they can help you, visit the Services, Education, and Support Hub in the EXPO, booth 504.
The IM Software Services team will also be in the Business Partner Cafe at IOD discussing our popular Guardian offering. Our Guardian solution is particularly useful for clients who:
- Are trying to deliver an Information Management (IM) solution within a tight budget and may not have the right skills, experience, and solution expertise to ensure it’s done successfully
- Are planning an implementation with new or recently released Information Management software that the client is unfamiliar with and need best practices and guidance to develop an efficient plan that will maximize the use of IM technology
- Are facing project risks associated with the overall solution environment the client is working in and finding challenges with approaching the integration of multiple, complex technologies
The Business Partner Cafe is located in Bayside D in the Expo Center, open Monday and Tuesday, 10:30 AM – 5:00 PM, Wednesday, 10:00 AM – 3:30 PM
Looking forward to hearing about IOD this week! Look for a blog about how to connect with the event from home to be posted on Monday! You can also follow us on Twitter using hashtag #iodskills
For our overview of Electronic Support at IOD, I'm happy to be able to share a blog from our eSupport team!
Vegas BABY!! Information On Demand!!
It’s that time of the year again when all Information Management and Business Analytics experts come together and share their knowledge with colleagues. Are you going? Bill Maciver, Bob Haataia, and Mandee Ross will be there helping you get started with our online technical support tools. Are you already aware and using our online tools, but still have questions? Enhance your online technical support knowledge and increase you skill level by attending one of the following IBM Electronic Support sessions.
- Expo Ped #504 (Personalized mini-sessions – Take control): Make this your personalized mini-session. No appointment required and no formal presentation or demonstration. Take control of your online support session with an interactive demo of the Support Portal, My Notifications, Fix Central, IBM Support Assistant, Service Request and more.
Available in the EXPO Hall at the following times:
- Sunday, October 24, 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM
- Monday, October 25, 12:30 PM - 2:00 PM, 5:00 PM - 7:00 PM
- Tuesday, October 26, 12:30 PM - 2:00 PM, 5:00 PM - 7:00 PM
- Wednesday, October 27 12:30 PM - 3:30 PM
- Sign up for session # 3864- "See How the IBM Support Portal Can Work for You“: Join us for a live demo of the IBM Support Portal. See how it brings all online technical support resources for IBM hardware and software together in one place. Learn how it lets you troubleshoot multiple products in combination, refine searches to pinpoint information quickly, and personalize pages to the way you work.
Here are the details:
- Presenter: Bob Haataia, Electronic Support Customer adoption Lead
- Day: Sunday, October 24th, 2010
- Time: 7:00 p.m.
- Location: IBM EXPO Theater by AVL Lounge
- Session: 3864
- Sign up for session # 3839 - "See How the IBM Support Portal Can Work for You“: Join us for a live demo of the IBM Support Portal. See how it brings all online technical support resources for IBM hardware and software together in one place. Learn how it lets you troubleshoot multiple products in combination, refine searches to pinpoint information quickly, and personalize pages to the way you work.
Here are the details:
- Presenter: Bill Maciver, Sr Mgr Electronic Support
- Day: Tuesday, October 26th, 2010
- Time: 2:00 pm
- Location: IBM EXPO Theater by AVL Lounge
- Session: 3839
- Sign-up for session # BOF-2354A - "Your Support Experience – Customized": Tour, Try and Talk About The New IBM Support Portal. Join us for a live demo and discussion about the new IBM Support Portal. Learn how the IBM Support Portal brings all on-line support resources for IBM hardware and software offerings together in one place. We will explore how the portal lets you troubleshoot multiple products in combination, refine searches to pinpoint the exact information you need, and personalize the pages to reflect the way you work. This is a unique opportunity to share your feedback with our expert to further enhance your user experience.
Here are the details:
- Presenter: Mandee Ross, Electronic Support Project Manager
- Day: Thursday, October 28th, 2010
- Time: 01:00 PM - 01:45 PM
- Location: Mandalay Bay South Convention Center - Mandalay Bay J
- Session: 2354A
You can also keep up with Electronic Support on Twitter using hash tag id #iodES. If you haven't registered for IOD, there's still time! Click here to register.
With IOD less than a week away, I can start to feel the excitement building here at the Toronto Lab and on our social media channels. The conference is shaping up to be better than ever -- and our Services, Education, and Support Hub is no exception!
So... you my be wondering "what exactly is the Hub and why should I make sure to stop by for a visit?" I'm glad you asked. The Services, Education, and Support Hub is the SINGLE location at IOD to connect with our Information Management Experts. They will be at the Hub, ready, willing, and able to answer any and all of your Services, Education, and Support questions. The Hub is located in the EXPO, booth 504, next to the Developer's Den and is open during the regular EXPO hours. Here are a few examples of questions I'd like to ask the experts at The Hub.
- Do you have any new eLearning options for Training? I want to take a course in the next few months but I need to keep my schedule flexible and I do not have budget to travel.
- I have heard about the IBM Education Pack. How would my company benefit from this?
- What are the latest certification exams?
- How can I get my unique eLearning access code to take my complimentary self-paced eLearning class?
- AND MORE!
- What is IM Software Services?
- I will be working on a large migration project next year. Why should I encourage my management team to use IM Services for this migration?
- Who do I talk to if I want to engage IM Software Services on a project?
- AND MORE!
- I've been hearing about your IBM Support Portal. Can you show me how it works and how I can customize it?
- Are there new Support tools that can make my job easier?
- I've heard about the Technical Support Chat pilot
- AND MORE!
Don't miss this great opportunity to discuss your Services, Education, and Support questions, challenges, and successes 1:1 with an expert. Start thinking of your questions today so you are ready to jump start your IOD experience with a visit to the Hub.
Plan to stop by The Hub, located in the EXPO, booth 504, next to the Developer's Den! For more information, click here.
The countdown to Information Management 2010 is on! 15 days to go - I can't believe it!
When you are at the conference, make sure you take time to visit our Conference Bookstore. Rather than tell you about it myself, I'm going to point you to blogs from our book expert, Susan Visser, who has been blogging about this for weeks.
Here are a few blog entries you might be interested in:
One of the most popular features of our Information on Demand Conference each year continues to be FREE Information Management Certification testing. And I can understand why - earning an industry-recognized IBM Information Management certification is a great way to validate your skills on our newest products. So, if you are a registered Information On Demand attendee, you'll want to start preparing now for your upcoming certification exam.
Here are the details:
- Attendees may take up to three IM (including SPSS, Cognos and ECM) exams at no charge
- A discounted fee of $100 USD for subsequent exams will apply.
- The discounted price of $100 also applies for all Lotus, Rational, Tivoli, WebSphere, SOA, and XML Certification exams.
- Our complimentary FileNet Certification Exams will be available to attendees.
- Our Technical Sales Mastery exams will also be offered at the event free of charge to attendees.
- As always, candidates may re-take most software certification exams if they have failed as there are two versions of each exam available.
To make sure your are successful on exam day, start using our prep resources now to get prepared!
Certification at IOD will be available during the following hours:
Sunday 10:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.*
Monday 10:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.*
Tuesday 7:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.*
Wednesday 7:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.*
Thursday 7:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.*
* Please note: The closing times listed above are for the last exam seating available on that day.
Special Offer: Free Certification Assessment Testing for Registered IOD Attendees!
IBM is offering free online certification assessment testing (practice tests) to Information Management On Demand 2010 registered attendees! This offer has been designed to help you prepare for the complimentary Information Management Professional Certification offered at the conference. The Information Management assessment tests will be available free of charge two weeks prior to and during the event, October 10 through October 28, 2010. Normally these tests are offered for a fee of $10 each. Now you can prepare and become an IBM Certified Professional and take your job knowledge to the next level at no charge to you! Please note assessment test quantities are limited, only one complimentary assessment test per person.
To take advantage of this offer you must be a registered attendee. Registered attendees will receive event emails throughout the month of October and in these emails will be the promotion code needed to take advantage of this offer. Once you have the code, simply visit the Information Management Certification Assessment Website, select the link to access the Prometric assessment testing site and enter promotion code during the checkout process to qualify for a free assessment test! If for some reason you did not receive the promotion code in your conference email, please contact the Information Management Certification Team and we can assist you.
To learn more about certification testing at IOD, click here.
One of the most popular reasons to attend the Information on Demand conference is to take home the latest skills on our products, such as DB2, Informix, Initiate, Guardium, IBM solidDB, Information Analyzer, and MORE! When you book your flights for this year's Information On Demand Conference, why not arrive a day early to take advantage of a full day of education from expert IBM instructors for a seriously discounted price?
All of the pre-conference classes are offered at a discounted price of $499 USD! The classes are offered on Sunday only, October 24, 2010 from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. at the Mandalay Bay Convention Center.
See the list of the available courses below. For more detailed course descriptions and to enroll, visit http://bit.ly/imservices.
Initiate Fundamentals (E5905) with Tyson Carter
Gain a well-rounded overview to the Initiate product suite, including solutions, terminology, and processes that are common to most Initiate implementations.
An Introduction to Guardium Database Monitoring Solution (E5908) with William Manty
Learn from this overview of the Guardium solution, focusing on database access monitoring (DAM) and compliance work flow automation.
IBM solidDB Universal Cache Fundamentals (E5903) with Marko Milek and John Seery
Discover the relational in-memory database technology and high-speed advanced replication components which comprise the solidDB Universal Cache.
DB2 9 LUW Problem Determination (E5972) with Aman Lalla
Learn how to identify and resolve problems such as database hangs, locking problems, crashes and optimizer/performance problems. DB2 V9 also provides various problem determination facilities and tools such as DB2PD.
DB2 for z/OS DBA Certification Crammer -Exams 730 and 732 (E5976) with Information Champion Susan Lawson
Prepare with the expert for the DB2 9 Family Fundamentals exam (730) and DB2 9 for z/OS Database Administration exam (732) through this comprehensive overall review of the areas that will be on the certification exams (both the 730 – DB2 9 Family Fundamentals and the 732 – DB2 9 for z/OS).
DB2 9.7 for Linux UNIX & Windows DBA Certification Crammer - Exam 541 (E5973) with Information Champion Roger Sanders
Prepare to take and pass the DB2 9.7 DBA for Linux, UNIX, and Window certification exam (Exam 541)! The material for this course is aligned with the 541 exam objectives.
Business Glossary Essentials (DX760) with Rick Rice
Learn about the Business Glossary component of the 8.1 version of Information Server, including a brief introduction in the various types of metadata, with a focus on business metadata. An overview of how the Business Glossary fits into the InfoSphere Information Server landscape will be discussed.
FastTrack Essentials (DX810) with John Kelleher
Get acquainted with FastTrack and learn how to use it to create Mapping Specifications from which DataStage jobs can be generated.
Getting to Know Information Analyzer (E5920) with Renee Jenkins
Learn the concepts and methods used to perform information analysis. Learn how to use IBM Information Analyzer and AuditStage to analyze data and report results to business users.
Getting to Know Metadata Workbench (E5935) with Pavan Marpaka
Learn the uses and features of Metadata Workbench within the Information Server environment. This course looks at the Metadata Workbench from both an Administrator and User point of view.
Information Server Overview (E5960) with Dale Buckingham
Discover Information Server V8x product suite functionality! The class will discuss the core products that can be part of the Information Server architecture.
InfoSphere Streams (E5986) with Robert Uleman
Learn what problems InfoSphere Streams helps solve and how its innovative architecture and programming paradigm let you create tailored solutions for the most demanding requirements you face. Take a deep dive through the capabilities of the runtime environment and the programming framework; the lecture is punctuated by several live demonstrations.
DB2 9 for z/OS System Administrator Crammer Class -Exam #737 (E5998) with Information Champion Judy Nall
This one-day review crammer course guides you through the six testing sections that comprise the #737 Exam. The class does not have hands-on labs but review questions accompany each section of the lecture material.
For more detailed course descriptions and to enroll, visit http://bit.ly/imservices.
It is hard to believe it is September. The summer certainly kept me hopping and left me with little time to blog. I apologize for this long gap and I promise, you'll be hearing from me much more frequently starting TODAY!
For me and the other members of my team, September means one thing... the 2010 Information On Demand Conference is just around the corner! 47 days to be exact! Like last year, I will be writing a blog series on everything that is going on at IOD for Information Management Services, Education, and Support. This series will include:
- Pre-conference education classes: getting the most from your IOD learning experience
- FREE Information Management Certification exams, new exams, and how to get prepared
- Conference Bookstore: your source for printed and electronic books about all things Information Management and more
- Meet us at the Hub: Talk to the experts from IM Services, Education, and Support in the EXPO
- IM Software Services at IOD
- IM Software Subscription & Support at IOD
- IM Accelerated Value Program at IOD
- Connecting with the event from home
- and MORE!
I look forward to sharing all the excitement with you as we get ready for the conference. Look for my first post on Pre-Conference Education to be out later this week.
In the meantime, you can start connecting with the Information on Demand Conference Community Online. Join the conversation on Twitter, get the latest updates from your peers on Facebook and LinkedIn, and see what's happening on the conference floor via YouTube!
Registration for the IOD EMEA Conference, 19-21 May, Rome, Italy, opened last week! Early bird registration continues until Friday February 26. Register early and save up to € 610!
IOD EMEA 2010 offers a world-class technical and business leadership program and provides an unrivalled forum for our customers and Business Partners to share best practices, learn the latest on information-led transformation and network with peers.
If you are interested in speaking at the event, Call for Speakers is open until Friday January 29. Customers who are selected to speak may be eligible for a FREE conference pass (one per organization). Click here for more information about speaking at the event.
Learn more about the conference at the IOD EMEA website.
Another exciting event is the SPSS Directions European Conference 2010, 17-18 May, Rome, Italy.
The SPSS Directions European Conference will be co-located with the IOD EMEA conference at the Rome Marriott Park hotel on 17 and 18 May 2010. This gives customers and Business Partners the ability to attend both SPSS Directions and IOD EMEA and to experience the latest trends and best practices in predictive analytics.
For more information about the SPSS Directions conference, visit the conference website.