In Arvind Krishna feature keynote titled "Reduce Your Data Management costs with Workload-optimized System", we heard about Cisco Systems. They mentioned that they chose Informix a few years ago after looking at all possibilities for embedded databases including open-source ones.
I spent some time with Walt Brown (from FSL) and Cathy Elliott to fine-tune his presentation. More on that Thursday.
There were several interesting sessions Today:
- SOA Enablement on IBM INformix 4GL, Gagin Maheshwari, IBM
- Building Data Warehouses with Infomrix, Lester Knutsen, Advanced Data Tools
- Hands on lab on end-to-end security with Informix, Ted Wasserman, IBM
- Open Admin Tool for IDS, John Miller III, IBM
- All About IDS CAF, Conection Manager, and Failover, Ron Privett, IBM
- Using Informix in Telecommunications, Kevin Brown, IBM
- Secure and available public finances with IDS continuous availability, Cesar Jiminez, Jalesco Mexico Government
And, of course, demos, discussions and food on the expo floor and in the networking event in the evening.