There was a chat with the lab on Feb 25th that talked about the common Java JDBC driver (referred as the JCC driver): Top 10 reasons to consider IBM Data Server Driver for JDBC and SQLJ for IDS servers.
You can use the JCC driver with IDS when connecting using the DRDA protocol. Some of the benefits include:
- Better integration with WebSphere
- Ability to use the capabilities PureQuery
- Better tracing and debugging
- Full IDS clustering support
- Superior performance over the Informix JDBC driver
All this is significant:
- PureQuery can increase the performance of SQL statements by analyzing the usage and make changes transparently from the application. For example, it can detect the use of the same statement with different literals and convert that under the cover into a prepared statement.
- Full IDS clustering support includes working with the connection manager to automatically and transparently connect to an alternate server when the primary fails.
- Superior performance: It provides a 5% to 10% performance boost over the Informix JDBC driver.
For more information on this chat with the lab:
Here's Where you can find information on this chat with the lab:
- Top 10 reasons to consider IBM Data Server Driver for JDBC and SQLJ for IDS servers Presentation download