Seven secrets about IBM’s upcoming Innovate announcements
You know, innovation has become synonymous with software. That’s the major reason we call our annual conference “Innovate,” where we provide enough courses, certification programs, presentations, and living network of brilliant minds to qualify as a five-day mini-university.
What better opportunity to announce our new spring roll-out of products and services?! I can’t provide the details about the announcements we’ll be making on June 4th at Innovate, in Orlando. Instead, I hope to see you there and give you the details in person. But even if you can’t get to Florida next week, I’d like to let a few secrets out of the bag.
1. We’re going to announce new integrations and collaborative capabilities that help you optimize your software and systems delivery across the end-to-end application and product lifecycle. Both IT teams and product manufacturers organizations need a well-managed software development lifecycle that supports the needs of operations and line-of-business teams, who in turn interact with customers in a continuous business cycle. Both organizations will have deeper and expanded capabilities with our spring annoucements. (Think DevOps on steroids, and you kind of get the picture.)
2. For IT teams: We’re going to help you accelerate delivery through improved integration across the application development lifecycle. As you know, IBM Rational’s approach to Application Lifecycle Management is called “Collaborative Lifecycle Management,” or CLM. We have exciting new capabilties integrated into CLM. In addition, we’ll be making some cool new announcements around testing and quality management, including getting you the help you need to get started with Cloud.
3. For product teams: We’re providing a more integrated lifecycle that helps systems and embedded software engineering teams manage the complexity when designing, developing, and delivering smarter products. In order to help achieve the differentiation that software innovation represents, we’re providing a less costly approach to quality management, which should help translate technology advantages into business benefits.
4. For IT teams: We’re expanding the application lifecycle beyond our classic focus on the software and delivery function. We want to help you reduce cycle times, improve quality, and simplify delivery with collaborative DevOps. And there’s more: We’ll be announcing new strengths in build automation, continuous integration, and and a great on-ramp to the IBM Mobile Platform for your mobile enterprise development teams.
5. For product teams: We’re announcing new IBM partner integrations, because companies developing smarter products and systems work in an expanding ecosystem of partners with targeted expertise. I can’t say who, but these integrations from these partners will help you with lifecycle management, traceability, quality, and compliance support.
6. For IT teams: We’re improving the IT application delivery ecosystem with significant updates regarding OSLC and its impact on the market. Our announcements will not be limited to IBM Rational tools, but will help you incorporate a larger portfolio of your existing tool investments from a host of other vendors. We’re also announcing a variety of programs to help schools, colleges, and universities educate more students in open standards-based software delivery. Stay tuned!
7. For product teams: Last and certainly not least -- our new industry accelerators will offer support for targeted high-growth industries. IBM Rational industry-specific guidance for product development extends our solution for systems and software engineering with best-practices, documented workflows, and execution templates for helping you achieve compliance standards.
It’s no secret that innovation has become synonymous with software. It’s through software that businesses can create products, systems, and services that are increasingly “instrumented, interconnected, and intelligent.” These innovations in software are becoming the source of real value to the consumer, and for many businesses it is what sets them apart from their competition.
Come to Orlando in two weeks, and hear directly from the experts about new capabilities from the IBM Rational team.
I’ll look forward to seeing you there!
VP of Marketing, IBM Rational