The two major ways to secure OAT's network communication is with HTTPS and ONSOCSSL.
- Encrypts communication between web browsers and OAT's webserver.
- Uses digital certificates to certify identity of OAT's webserver.
- OAT webmasters can setup OAT's webserver, so that only trusted users can access OAT
- Encrypts communication between OAT's webserver and IDS database.
- Uses IBM Global Security Kit (IBM GSKit is bundled with IDS server)
- onsocssl is supported on all informix platforms, excluding MacOS.
Leo Chan Wai Hon