For the first time, the IBM® Informix® Genero® documentation is available in the Informix 11.70 Information Center. The doc is fully indexed and searchable.
See the Release Notes for Informix Genero new feature information.
IngeHalilovic 060000MPB8 Tags:  connection manager oat transactions spl database server features xid timeseries high-availability genero fixpack cluster administration warehouse inout informix 3,970 Views
Here's a summary of the IBM® Informix® 11.70.xC6 new features:
· · Enhancements to the OpenAdmin Tool (OAT) for Informix
· · Support for the same XID for transactions on different databases
· · Coordinating transactions within a high-availability cluster
· · Easier failover configuration for Connection Managers in a high-availability cluster
· Application development
· · Enhanced support for OUT and INOUT parameters in SPL routines
· · Additional functions for spatial data
· · Return the default values of columns
· · SPL routines for application compatibility
· Time Series data
· · Load time series data faster through a virtual table
· Data warehousing
· · Refresh dimension-table data without reloading the whole data mart
The What's new in Informix topic has short descriptions of each of these features and links to more information.
Also, we've added some interesting links to the portal topics in the information center (those are the top-level nodes in the left-side navigation pane). We've split up SQL, client API, and Informix Genero® information into separate nodes to make it easier for you to find what you need.