Every Monday night, students would take their painstakingly hand-developed and printed 8 by 10 images and thumbtack them to corkboard that surrounded the classroom. The entire class went around the room and critiqued each person’s photos. In these sessions, technique was graded along with composition, subject matter, and so on. Because students often were marked lower because of fingerprints, scratches, or dust on their negatives, these sessions naturally became known as negative feedback sessions.
The instructions that follow show how to leave feedback about the Informix documentation – either negative or positive.
For best results, use Microsoft® Internet Explorer Version 6.x or Version 7.x or Mozilla Firefox Version 2.x or Version 3.0. Mozilla Firefox Version 3.5 or later might provide inconsistent behavior.
You can rate topics based on your level of satisfaction by clicking a star at the top of the topic pane. Ratings are based on a 5-star scale.
Comment on an entire topic or selected text within the topic
There are three kinds of comments:
* Comments on the topic in general
* Comments on an element of the topic (for example, a heading or sentence)
* Comments on a section of content that you select
To add a comment:
- Select the topic in the navigation tree, an element in the topic, or select a range of content within a topic on which to comment.
- Click the Comment on Topic or Comment on Element or Comment on Selection button in the comment pane, then add your comments in the pop-up window.
Reply to comments
To reply to an existing comment, click the Reply link under the comment in the comment pane, and add your response to the comment in the pop-up window.
Delete your comments
You can delete the comments that you added before authors or other reviewers reply to them. Click the Delete link below the comment.
Subscribe to pages or the entire site, to be notified of new comments
You can watch specific topics to get email notification of any comments to them. Click the Watch this Page link in the upper right corner of the topic pane.
To stop watching topics, use one of the following methods:
- Open the topic and click the Stop Watching link at the top of the topic pane.
- Configure the list of pages you are watching. In the comments tool bar, click Tools > Preferences. Then click the My Watches tab and deselect the pages that you no longer want to watch.
Click the RSS Subscribe link to receive updates in your RSS feed reader.
You can also get notification of major updates in the information center by subscribing to the information center RSS feed.