We released several fix packs on June 30th and a modification release on July 1. There are a few new features and platform support worth taking time to highlight.
Optim Performance Manager – Optim Performance Manager 4.1.1 is now available. We put a lot of focus on up-and-running improvements in this release. This includes embedding a lightweight web container to simplify installation, configuration, and security, simplifying our port infrastructure for Extended Insight support, improving the out-of-the-box monitoring templates based on customer experience and more. We have added pureScale-specific monitoring enhancements including pureScale monitoring templates, group buffer pool hit ratios, cluster facility lock wait time, escalations, timeouts, etc. We provided more flexibility for monitoring large DPF environments by separating collection intervals for bufferpool versus tablespace and table statistics, which provides more comprehensive information at a lower cost. We have also included DB2 Enterprise Server Edition 9.7 for use with Optim Performance Manager. For the complete list of features and more information, see the IBM Optim Performance Manager 4.1.1 release notes.
Optim Development Studio – Optim Development Studio 184.108.40.206 now also officially supports deployment on Citrix (I know several organizations that went ahead and deployed before our formal support was announced). It also includes two very cool items:
- Integration with Optim Performance Manager – Now you can pull performance metrics into Optim Development Studio to assist in determining which SQL statements need a little more tuning and whether your tuning efforts are paying off. This integration requires Optim Performance Manager Extended Edition with Extended Insight monitoring configured.
- Support for Sybase - You can connect to a Sybase database and browse catalogs, manage objects, create and run SQL scripts, and create, deploy, run, and debug stored procedures. Plus you can use the ANTs Software product IBM® DB2 SSacSA to connect to a DB2 for Linux, UNIX, and Windows database as a Sybase database.
Optim Database Administrator - Optim Database Administrator 220.127.116.11 also adds official support for Citrix deployment. It also sports a new table data editor for DB2 for LUW and z/OS databases and closed a couple gaps in the dependency analysis space for packages and procedures. It also includes catalog filtering improvements tailored to very large databases. Optim Database Administrator is available to DB2 for Linux, UNIX, and Windows customers as part of their DB2 9.7 Linux or Windows eAssembles on Passport Advantage. See IBM Optim Database Administrator Version 18.104.22.168 Release Notes for more information and download updates from Fix Central.
Data Studio – Data Studio 22.214.171.124, both stand-alone and IDE, inherit the Optim Database Administrator Citrix, table data editor, dependency analysis, and catalog filtering enhancements. In addition, this release includes some enhancements specifically for DB2 for z/OS, notably use of TABLESAMPLE keyword on statistics recommendations and catalog navigation performance improvements. For more information, see the IBM Data Studio Version 126.96.36.199 Release Notes. Download updates from Fix Central or a fresh install at developerWorks.
Check them out and post questions, comments, or requests here or on our forums
- Data Studio forum
- Optim Developer Studio forum
- Optim Database Administrator forum (or use the Data Studio forum)
- Optim Performance Management forum