The facts are startling…. The rise of mobile and
cloud computing and big data analytics is compounding the complexity of
security. Cyber attacks and those who perpetrate them—are becoming more
sophisticated every year
- In 2010, an average company’s computer infrastructure was attacked nearly 60,000 times every day.
- Today, an average company infrastructure faces 2,641,350 security attacks each week.
- At the same time, IT resources are moving outside the firewall and enterprises are distributing their applications and data across multiple devices and into the cloud.
- Gartner found
that 35% of all application spend will originate outside IT by 2015, and
that 50 percent of companies will have mission-critical data in the cloud
It is clear that clients need greater security capabilities and protection to combat growing IT threats. Here at IBM, we have designed our systems with security in mind. Take IBM Power Systems. IBM Power Systems architects, alongside IBM researchers, have spent tireless hours building key security components within the Power Systems architecture.
Today, to help enterprise Power Systems clients combat growing IT security threats and vulnerabilities, IBM has extended the Emergency Response Services (ERS) subscription package to Power Systems 780 and 795 clients as one of the service options within the IBM PowerCare program included with the server purchase. Clients can now choose ERS as part of IBM PowerCare at no additional charge.
What are the Emergency Response Services?
Think of ERS as the same type of insurance as AAA is for your car. It's likely that you will run over a nail and get a flat tire or lock your keys in your car (both which have happened to me) and need to call AAA to help you out of each of those situations.
ERS is very similar. Using the service, IBM can help clients prepare for and respond to intrusions, attacks and security incidents. The service can even warn clients of pending cyber attacks, drawing on data from over 15 billion security incidents our teams handle every day.
What this Service Means to Client
When a client experiences a security issue, IBM can also send a team of cyber security specialists to thwart or preempt attacks on the ground. Power Systems clients that use the emergency response services also gain access to:
· An annual one-day workshop on site for incident planning;
· 60 staff hours per year, which can be utilized remotely or on site;
· Unlimited emergency incident support and unlimited emergency declarations;
- Two seats on the X-Force Threat Analysis Service backed by global intelligence research;
- Quarterly check point, remote support and update on threat landscape;
- Discounted rate on services after initial 60 hour
For the first time, we are offering this service at no additional charge to our clients as part of the IBM PowerCare program for Power 780 or 795 Systems. This is a unique offering in the industry.
Don't delay! Talk to your customers about security and talk to them about the added benefit they receive if they purchase a Power 780 or 795 Systems.
ERS is also one of the pre-defined services offers available to request in our Power Deal Closer Program for sellers who need to leverage this for server purchases other than Power 780 or 795 Systems.
- For more information on ERS, contact Phil Kibler at firstname.lastname@example.org
- For more information on IBM PowerCare, contact Bill Casey at email@example.com
- For more information on Deal Closer, contact Carroll Sauer at firstname.lastname@example.org
- For more information on STG
Security, contact Shelley Westman at email@example.com