Early Validation Program (EVP) releases of the next major release of IDS will be available to test soon. If you want to keep up to learn about and prepare for the very latest features this is a good opportunity to participate.
Here is the IDS Early Program announcement:
Dear Informix User,
The IBM Information Management team announces the Early Program for Informix Dynamic Server (IDS) Panther and invites your participation.
Thanks to you all who already responded to this invitation!!
IBM® Informix® Dynamic Server Panther extends IDS core strengths to help customers and business partners reduce their costs of doing business and shorten time to value with enhancements in the areas of:
- Ease of Embed
- Dynamic Global Grid
- Enhanced Programmability
- Enhanced Warehouse Solution
- Enhanced Security Management
The objectives of the early program are:
- Validate that enhanced features meet customer needs.
- Validate the ease of use, completeness, and accuracy of the documentation.
- Provide direct customer input to development, marketing, and sales.
- Validate readiness of General Availability (GA).
- Achieve visibility in the market.
- Identify early adopter reference accounts willing to speak to the press and analysts.
- Transfer skills to support staff.
- By participating, you will get early exposure to new capabilities and assist the IBM Information Management team in defining the roadmap.
- By having access to IBM resources through lab advocates, you will ensure successful deployment of new IDS features.
- By having early access to the upcoming release, you will be able to prototype solutions in your environment for faster deployment.
Summary of the contents offered
IDS Panther includes the following functionality:
- Ease of Embed -Smarter administration with enhanced manageability, availability, performance. Increased reliability and reduced costs with automated administrative tasks
- Dynamic Global Grid - Linear scale-out with dynamic global grid for greater resource utilization
- Enhanced Programmability - End to end programmability for solutions customization and deployment
- Enhanced Warehouse Solution - Provides enhanced warehouse infrastructure.
- Enhanced Security Management - Easy security management and compliance
Ideal participants in this program are users from a variety of industries, including Retail, Financial Services, Telecommunications (Industrial), Government, Health, and Research.
What is expected from participants
Participants in the program must:
- Sign all legal agreements prior to participating in the program.
- Dedicate technical resources to create, share and execute a test plan.
- Report bugs and testing results through the formal reporting process.
- Participate in weekly status calls.
- Participate in the exit review with IBM Product Management and complete a survey.
- Nomination accepted until : January 2010
- Customer Selection : February 2010
- Validation Start : February 2010
- Validation End : September 2010
Also for more information about the program go here: