Getting to the point, the BTS extension guru Mark Ashworth will be discussing advanced text searching topics in the next Chat with the Lab.
Here are the details..
Informix Chat with the Lab - Thursday Oct 15, 8:30 AM Pacific, 10:30 AM Central, 11:30 AM Eastern, 4:30 PM London, 5:30 PM Paris
- Creating a Binary Text Search index on a document repository
- How to use the Binary Text Search terms and Boolean operators along with query control parameters
- How stop words can improve searching
- XML based indexes
- Facilities to handle of diacritical marks with the use of canonical maps
- Storage management including fragmentation, SmartBlob storage and the use of temporary spaces are used and specified
- Binary Text Search in the Continuous Availability Feature (Mach11)
Topic : Advanced Text Searching Topics in IDS
This month's Informix Chat with the Lab will be deep dive into how to setup and perform full-text searching on unstructured/plain text and XML based document repositories. Learn about search predicates and options, some techniques to handle inconsistent diacritical marks, enhanced index searching based on text found in XML tags and attributes, and ways to improve reliability and performance.Objectives:
Jerry Keesee, Director of the Informix Lab will introduce the call and Mark Ashworth, Informix Datablade Architect will be our technical speaker.
Web RSVP information:
Conference number: 9312521 Passcode: 8245688
To register for this event:
1. Go to the URL listed above and choose Web RSVP under Join Events.
2. Enter the conference number and passcode. 3. Provide your information for the event leader and then click submit.