When user wants to use the email notification function for PE during work item processed, we can configure the following on PE PTM and Workplace XT to receive emails:
1. Open the Process Task Manager of FileNet Process Engine, click the notification tab to configure, to enter the SMTP server and email logon account which be configured already, it need restart the Process Engine service to make it effective,
The user can also set the language of which the email notifications will be sent by specifying the preferred locale above. If not set, it will be sent in the default language defined for the server as configured in the PE Process Task Manager. See below.
On the server, the administrator should set up the email messages for the different locales as needed. New locales can be added via the New Context menu from the Language Packs node. A dialogue will be presented for information such as the particular locale, date time masks to display the date time values in the email, the number format and the character set associated with the email notification templates.
2. Login Workplace XT -> Administration -> Process Configuration Console, connect Region and right click the properties, click the Web Application, to input the correct workplace XT URL you have, this is for using the proper email template per component,
3. Login Workplace XT by certain user such testuser, click preference -> tasks and input the Email address as below:
4. Let’s only enable the New assignment of step notification, and leave others as default, and then apply Okay.
The mapping relationship of the msg files as below, user can translate to the native language or rewrite the msg format to meet the specific requirements. Each activity according to the msg file into language package as below.
Edit stp_new.msg file which is html script to include the complex need like color, font and table, etc.
5. Now let’s launch one workflow with simple step and assign the participant who has setup the email address on Step 3. Once the user step has work items, the new email will coming:
6. And user can design the email template as well to satisfy the requirement, for example to include the ICM client URL in the Virtual Machine request as below: