- Improve performance and scalability by optimizing IT assets based on workload to ensure the ideal elasticity of your cloud.
- Enterprise quality of service (QOS) virtualization provides the best
foundation for your mission-critical applications running in the cloud.
- Automated management, provisioning and optimization of your physical
and virtual cloud resources ensure optimal utilization to meet changing
- Self-service portal and standardized service catalog leverage all
the features of your cloud infrastructure to enable automated delivery
of services without IT intervention.
- Metering and billing features provide the capabilities to improve
cost transparency and offer more flexible pricing schemes for your cloud
The unprecedented interest and projected IT spend on cloud computing
is coming from all types of organizations, businesses and governments
that are seeking to transform the way they deliver IT services and
improve workload optimization so they can quickly respond to changing
business demands. Cloud computing can significantly reduce IT costs and
complexities while improving asset utilization, workload optimization
and service delivery.
Today’s IT Infrastructures face challenges on many levels:
- Composed of silos that lead to disconnected business and IT infrastructures
- Contain static islands of computing, which result in inefficiencies and underutilized assets
- Struggle with rapid data growth, regulatory compliance, integrity and security
- Continuous rise of IT administration costs
As a result of these challenges, organizations are demanding an IT
infrastructure and service delivery model that enables growth and
innovation. An effective cloud computing environment built with
IBM Power Systems™ cloud solutions helps organizations transform their
data centers to meet these challenges:
- Delivering integrated visibility, control, and automation across all business and IT assets
- Is highly optimized and scales IT up and down in line with business needs
- Addresses the information challenge by delivering flexible and secure access to data and mitigating risks
- Utilizes flexible delivery models, automation and virtualization to
greatly simplify IT service delivery and provide enterprise QOS
capabilities including higher application availability, improved
performance, more scalability and enterprise-class security.
Power Systems cloud solutions enable customers to build an effective
cloud computing environment, enabling organizations to reduce IT costs,
improve service delivery and enable business innovation.