- Enabling the development and IT operations teams to share data about operational problems and software defects
- Bringing awareness of business impacts to the development team, resulting in faster response
- Assisting in defect prioritization, leading to efficient utilization of development resources
- Providing visibility about currently available fixes to the operations staff, leading to faster resolution of tickets
- Managing enhancements, defects and tickets with traceability and automation
We recently delivered such an integration using OSLC (Open Services for Lifecycle Collaboration) to loosely couple IBM Tivoli Service Request Manager to Rational Team Concert.
OSLC tackles the problem of point-to-point integrations by providing a new approach focused on loosely coupled integration:
- Based on WWW and Linked Data architecture
- Inspired by Internet principles, implemented with Internet technologies: simple interfaces for exchange of resources
- Loosely coupled: everything is a “resource” linked together with URLs
Currently, this integration operates in a single direction, from Service Request Manager to Rational Team Concert. Additional enhancement for this integration are planned for the future.
The existing ISM Library solution: http://www14.software.ibm.com/webapp/iwm/web/preLogin.do?source=tivopal&S_PKG=1TW10SR0V
provides the following capabilities:
1. Allow Service Request Manager to discover Rational Team Concert services.
2. Allow Service Request Manager to access OSLC based delegated UI “picker” windows from Rational Team Concert to create or choose existing defects.
3. Create an OSLC relationship on the Problem Ticket to the Rational Team Concert defect.
4. Provide a mechanism for viewing the status or details of an Rational Team Concert defect from Service Request Manager using the delegated UI.
This video provides you a view into the initial configuration and usage of this feature.