An exciting new feature called Live Chat is now available in IBM SmartCloud Control Desk version 7.5.1. This feature enables end users of the Service Desk and Self Service Center to chat with Service Desk agents about issues or problems. Live Chat provides immediate access to help where agents can answer questions in real time.
It provides multiple benefits.
For Service Desk users:
- Users can request a real-time chat with a Service Desk agent. You can request a chat from the main Self Service Center page or when a selected solution does not help solve the problem.
- Wait times in a chat queue are much less than a call center and the right agent can accept requests shortly, if not immediately.
- Users can multi-task (use any other SmartCloud Control Desk app) during chats.
- Reduced waiting time when opening service tickets or searching for existing ones. A Service Request ticket opens automatically on a new request or the user can optionally specify an existing service request to chat about.
- Chats can be routed according to agent expertise. When a chat request is assigned to one of their queues, they are notified and can accept the chat.
- Live Chat agents can handle multiple chats simultaneously.
- The Agent Chat dialog box links to the Service Request so agents can make changes to tickets right away.
For Service Desk managers:
- You can configure the live chat feature to best fit the needs of the data center. For example, you can set multiple chat queues for different types of problems, configure response plans to route chat requests that arise from solutions, and more.
- You can check the status on waiting and in-progress chat requests in the queue, see which agents are currently logged in and how many chat requests each agent is working on.
How easy is this feature to configure?
- No additional installation is required. The chat server is available as part of the Service Desk application.
- It is available out of the box with Single Chat topic pre-configured.
- You can invoke Live Chat from the Contact Us pod in the Self Service Center, from the solution, or both. You can route chat requests to the appropriate agent queue.
What can be customized?
- Administrators can control who can see the Contact Us pod and Chat Now button. The pod message can be displayed in multiple languages.
- Multiple chat topics can be set up for users to choose from.
- Chat Queues can be set up for any Person Group, with options being available or unavailable to chat. Only chat topics with available chat queues that have agents logged in will be displayed as options for end users.
- You can customize the greeting message in the Chat dialog.