WebSphere Business Services Fabric (Fabric) is the key component of WebSphere Dynamic Process Edition (WDPE) for creating and managing modular, dynamically assembled, extensible business processes.
WebSphere Business Services Fabric is an extension to WebSphere Process Server providing the following features and benefits:
· Extremely rapid business process changes such as: on-boarding a new vendor, bundling services with existing services for an innovative new product, or simply streamlining an internal process
· Organizes a BPM and SOA infrastructure into shareable, flexible modules called intelligent Business Services, helping organizations realize the SOA vision of architectural agility and reuse
· An ever-increasing return on investment each time an intelligent Business Service is reused or shared.
· Enables governed changes by business users so they can quickly create and change their own processes while changes in corporate policy are concurrently proliferated across all processes
· Saves IT effort and cost with less reprogramming and redeploying old code, program by program
· New functionality can be added to a process without changing or redeploying the process, providing for rapid time-to-market for new business services
Separates individual intelligent
Business Services lifecycles from umbrella core processes, making manageability
of complex BPM projects easier, significantly lowering total cost of ownership
The following 5 part article series provides a quick introduction to WebSphere Business Services Fabric along with step by step instructions on how to leverage dynamic capabilities of WebSphere Business Services Fabric using a sample use case.
If you need more elaborate details on Fabric, that you can download the WebSphere Business Services Fabric redbook , which covers various aspects of Fabric using a business case scenario.