1) The Geronimo PMC votes on whether or not to accept the donation.You can have a look at the conversion tool at the JIRA-2743.
2) Assuming that the donation is accepted, the Geronimo PMC must complete an IP Clearance Form -- http://incubator.apache.org/ip-clearance/ip-clearance-template.html. Note that this form must be "executed" by an ASF Officer or Member.
3) The completed form must be committed to the incubator svn repository.
4) The incubator web site is updated with info about the donation.
5) A note is sent to general@incubator to inform the incubator of the donation.
6) Assuming no dissent from the incubator, after a lazy consensus period of 48 hours, we can commit the code.
Bharath Duggirala 110000E3FQ is part of Professional services group of IBM/Kenexa, based out of IBM Visakha Hills Lab in Visakhapatnam. He was earlier part of WebSphere development at IBM India Software Labs in Bangalore. Prior to this, he was a consultant at WebSphere BPM Practice. He is a Certified SOA Solution Designer(2007), Certified SOA Associate, co-author of WebSphere InterChange Server Migration Scenarios redbook. He is Member, Board of Studies, Dept of CSE, College of Engineering, Andhra University. He blogs here and tweets, sharing his Social Experience, as the scroll of Life unrolls in the Eternal Enterprise!