|developerWorks editors||Topic: Training|
Environment/software: All systems/all products
Level/type: Overview/information roundup
A recent IBM developerWorks survey of more than 2,000 IT professionals indicates that most IT experts, a whopping 91 percent, believe cloud computing will overtake on-premise computing as the primary way organizations acquire IT by 2015. One way you can interpret this data is by saying that cloud computing has achieved a maturity level that makes it mainstream technology.
With that in mind, IBM introduces the IBM Cloud Computing Specialty, a single program that brings together an ecosystem of resources that provide a comprehensive set of cloud computing services and offerings for a broad range of users. The Cloud Specialty is built based on feedback from partners. With it, business partners get training and technical resources in the area of cloud computing to gain documented skills, work more closely with each other and IBM, and be rewarded as they leverage IBM technology with their cloud offerings.
The Cloud Specialty will support five paths or company types so partners can claim cloud computing expertise:
- Cloud Application Providers deliver business applications through the cloud.
- Cloud Builders design, build, manage client cloud needs, typically integrating with existing infrastructure and public, on-premise, and hybrid clouds.
- Cloud Infrastructure Providers provide a public cloud infrastructure on which application providers and companies can host their offerings.
- Cloud Services Solution Providers provide multiple public cloud services and offer complementary services such as training and integration.
- Cloud Technology Providers provide the tools, services, and technologies (like cloud management, billing, metering, monitoring) that help clients use the cloud more effectively.
Earning a Cloud Specialty will give you tools to help you assess your clients' strategies for cloud computing, continued insight into IBM's ever-evolving cloud strategy, and access to excellent collaboration tools such as LotusLive so you can showcase the benefits of cloud computing.
For those interested, there is a similar IBM Industry Solutions specialty.