CICS TS V5.1 open beta Avaliable July 13th 2012
CICSChina 270002RWEH Visits (3376)
The IBM® CICS® Transaction Server for z/OS® (CICS TS) V5.1 open beta introduces cloud-style CICS development, deployment, and operations.
This is achieved by delivering new Platform as a Service (PaaS) capabilities that can be used to host Software as a Service (SaaS)-based CICS applications. Foundational advancements in both capability and scalability will allow CICS applications to do more, more easily.
Cloud computing is transforming the way people think about information technology. CICS TS V5.1 open beta now introduces cloud-style development, deployment, and operations to the CICS platform, giving you the opportunity to evaluate these capabilities, determine their relevance to your enterprise, and provide feedback to IBM on the concept and implementation.
1) The combination of new Application, Platform, and Policy definitions will greatly simplify the assembly, deployment, and life-cycle management of CICS applications, delivering many of the characteristics found in private-cloud systems. CICS TS V5.1 open beta gives you the opportunity to explore the concept of a cloud-style CICS deployment in your own environment.
2) Support has been added for a fast and lightweight Java web container, built on WebSphere Application Server Liberty profile technology, which implements the Java Servlet and JavaServer Pages (JSP) specifications, enabling you to co-locate your web and business applications.
3) A wide range of foundational improvements have been added, including support for Java 7 and further 64 bit exploitation. Event processing is expanded by new WRITE OPERATOR and message capture points, and a new capability to emit a single event to multiple adapters.
4) The CICS-WebSphere MQ dynamic program link (DPL) bridge has been enhanced to pass data using containers, increasing the amount of data that can be passed and broadening the solutions in which it can be used.
CICS TS V5.1 open beta also introduces a number of enhancements to make operations easier and more transparent:
1) Statistics and monitoring records are enhanced to provide more information that relates to the load, capacity, and performance of the system.
2) Better defaults for startup parameters and new messages that audit online configuration changes.
The IBM CICS Explorer V5.1 open beta, included with the CICS TS V5.1 open beta, has been updated to include support for the new and enhanced capabilities of this CICS TS deliverable.