Some customers are asking if there are any Gotchas about deploying OMNIbus in a virtualised environment. Hope the following information could help:
- Find out the supported Hyper visor at here.
Enter "OMNIbus" as the product name, click the search icon, choose "Tivoli Netcool/OMNIbus" from the search results, then select the version you're interested in, e.g. 7.3.1 or 7.4.0.
- We haven't seen any particular issue with virtualised environment for years. The issues raised from virtualised environment are to do with the virtualised environment itself. For example:
- Some virtual machines on the same physical machine exhaust the resources and as a result they affect the operation of OMNIbus processes.
- Some virtual machines are not with the latest patch level.
- Network connection issue among virtual machines caused by incorrect network interface configuration.