Adding multiple DataChannels
RaviMuddana 270004W7BJ Visits (2191)
1. Open the Topology Editor
2. In the Topology Editor, select Topology > Open existing topology. The Open Topology window is displayed.
3. For the topology source, select From database (v. 443 or 5.2) and click Next.
4. Verify that all of the fields for the database connection are filled in with the proper inputs like Hostname,DB pwd(PV) and click Finish.
The topology is retrieved from the database and is displayed in the Topology Editor.
Adding a new datachannel or adding 2nd datachannel:
To add a new channel to the topology:
1. In the Logical view of the Topology Editor, right-click the folder for the component you want to add. As you want to add new datachannel follow the steps. "Add DataChannel"
2. After adding the datachannel, suppose channel "2" , You will get some inputs missing with red icons for the Hourly Loader 2.
3. Give the proper inputs for the Hourly Loader 2 for the property "INPUT_COMPONENTS" as CME.2.50, assuing you will add the collector "50" if you want to give collector "100" then provide the input as CME.2.100
4. Save the topology with the new channel added and Run the Deployer. Run -> Deployer fro Installation.
5. Give appropriate details on the Deployer Database Access wizard window, and then you get a window with successfully loaded message window.
6. Click Next until you get the Deployer Window to load the new Configuration which you have added to the existing.
7. Run the deployer by selecting the "Run All" and then it will get successfull. Select Done and the datachannel is installed successfully.
8. To make sure, load the topology again from database and you can see if Datachannel number:2 under Datachannel in the Logical view is available. You can now add the collector as "50" or "100". But make sure if you want to give different Collector number then you modify the Hourly Loader input from "2.50" in Step 3 to the correct collector number you want to add.
9. Now the datachannel is ready and you can add the UBA collector.