WebSphere eXtreme Scale is a
distributed caching system. WebSphere eXtreme Scale security is based on
three key concepts: authentication, authorization, and transport
security. This sample package contains the framework libraries as well
as a simple test application required for the WebSphere eXtreme Scale security in a mixed environment with an external authenticator tutorial .
In this tutorial, the container servers run within WebSphere
Application Server, and the catalog service runs in stand-alone mode.
Because the catalog server is in stand-alone mode, you must configure an
- WebSphere Application Server Version 6.1 or Version 126.96.36.199 or later with the following fixes applied: interim fix PM20613 and interim fix PM15818 .
- WebSphere eXtreme Scale Version 7.0 or Version 7.1. The catalog
server must be running on a stand-alone installation, not an
installation that is integrated with WebSphere Application Server.
- Update the Java runtime to apply the following fix: IZ79819: IBMJDK FAILS TO READ PRINCIPAL STATEMENT WITH WHITESPACE FROM SECURITY FILE
- The stand-alone node that runs the catalog service must use the IBM
Software Development Kit Version 1.6 J9. This Software Development Kit
is included in the WebSphere Application Server installation. The
catalog server node must be a stand-alone installation because you
cannot run the startOgServer command within an installation of WebSphere
eXtreme Scale on WebSphere Application Server.
To install the sample follow these steps:
- Download the WASSecurity.zip and security_extauth.zip files from the downloads section that follows.
- Extract the WASSecurity.zip and security_extauth.zip files to a temporary directory, for example the /opt/wxs_samples directory.
Running the sample
The WASSecurity.zip file contains the necessary configuration and
application files for the WebSphere Application Server security
tutorial. The security_extauth.zip file contains the security
properties files for the tutorial. Please refer to the tutorial in the WebSphere eXtreme Scale Information Center for details on running the sample.
FeedbackPlease post any feedback on the sample as a comment on this page.