As a result of feedback from SmartCloud Enterprise customers and business partners, IBM is rolling out new enhancements this week.*
In addition to the availability of IBM SmartCloud Application Services, IBM’s platform-as-a-service offering, new and enhanced capabilities for IBM SmartCloud Enterprise include:
- Platinum M2 VM sizes, now generally available
- Alternate Windows Instance Capture, now generally available
- Windows Import/Copy pre-release, available by request
- Windows 2012 pre-release, available to all users
- Cloud Services Framework enhancements
- APIs for guest messaging, new and available for all users
- ISO 27001 Certification for all IBM SCE data centers
- Object storage with enhanced portal integration with SCE
All the details of each new capability/enhancement can be found on the SCE portal in the “What’s New in SmartCloud Enterprise 2.2” document (SCE account sign-in is required to review the document), but here are a few highlights:
IBM SmartCloud Application Services (SCAS)
IBM’s platform as a service -- IBM SmartCloud Application Services -- runs on top of and deploys virtual resources to IBM SmartCloud Enterprise. SmartCloud Application Services delivers a secure, automated, cloud-based environment that supports the full lifecycle of accelerated application development, deployment and delivery. SCAS provides an enterprise-class infrastructure, enhanced security and pay-per-use, and allows clients to differentiate themselves with built-in flexible options that configure cloud their way – leading to a competitive advantage.
You can find the SmartCloud Application Services offering on the “Service Instance” tab within your SmartCloud Enterprise account.
Windows Instance Capture
As a direct result of client requests, we are offering additional flexibility and choice in Windows instance capture. Clients can now use the “Save private image” function with or without the use of Sysprep, the Microsoft System Preparation tool.
We invite you to learn more about all of these enhancements via the documentation library in the SCE portal and welcome your feedback. Thank you for your continued support!
* IBM will roll out these new capabilities in waves beginning mid-December 2012. IBM’s platform as a service offering, IBM SmartCloud Application Services, can be found in the “Service Instance” tab within your SmartCloud Enterprise account.